cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP_F110_Sending email notification after payment run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client want to send email notification after every payment run. I can get the notification on spool request but how is it possible to send that notification directly to vendor's email from SAP?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ST.

please find below steps ..its posted earlier in SCN i don't remember the author name but it will help you.

Emailing SAP Remittance advice:

For the following process to work SAP Connect needs to be configured for outgoing mail. This is carried out by the Basis team. The t-code is SCOT.

Vendor Master Data

Define ‘Std communication method’ as SMTP (Internet mail) and maintain an email address in the vendor master data.

T-Code BERP – Code to find the relevant BTE. Use the Selection Attribute to browse for your business area. In  case, it is AP-Payment Transactions hence FI-AP-AP-PT.

00002040 is the relevant process. This is a Function called SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040. In this case, the FM only checks for an email address in the Vendor Master. If more logic is required a Z-version would need to be created.

Use t-code FIBF to create the enhancement.

a)

Create a product.

A product groups together customer enhancements to BTE’s developed in the customer's namespace. All customer enhancements assigned to a certain customer product can be released with the Activate Customer Product indicator. The OPEN_FI function module for a certain customer enhancement cannot find the corresponding customer function modules, until this has been done.

Create the product name (for example ZMAIL) and make it active.

FIBF->Settings->Products->…of a Customer

b)

Assign the BTE to the FM:

Settings->Process Modules->…of a customer

Assign the 00002040 process to the FM and Product.

At the end of this process when the payment advice program is run, the event will be called and it will automatically send an email to the vendor.

Assign an email address to the sap user who will be the outgoing accounting clerk.

Define the Accounting Clerk for the outgoing email address:

SPRO->FI->AR/AP->Vendor Accounts->Master Data->Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data->Define Accounting Clerks

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I did not create ZSAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 version of it as no modification is necessary. But all others I configured. But still not going the email.

Any suggestion?

former_member192833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

yes..You need to create the Custom FM for more logic. . Please check with ABAPr.

Regards

Atul

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S T,

You can achieve the same by creating a custom FM with a modified logic according to your requirement only. Please get in touch with ABAPer on the same.

Also pls go through this discussion thread once.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13238924#13238924

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

VijayCR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ST ,

Ask your ABAPER to check the FINNA_NACHA value comin out of the FM   

call function 'OPEN_FI_PERFORM_00002040_P'
    exporting
      i_reguh = reguh
    tables
      t_fimsg = up_fimsg
    changing
      c_finaa = finaa.

in the include RFFORI06.If the value is I then the standard email fucntionality will trigger.

Thanks,

VJ

VijayCR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tell me if your issue is resloved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all of your reply. I really appreciate that.

I will forward that to ABAPer but it may take 1 week or so.

Thanks

ST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having another issue that the customer is not getting the invoice from my client and for that result they are not paying on time. Is that also the related to the same configuration?

Thanks

ST

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member204995
Participant
0 Kudos

T-Code ' SCOT '

is that used by ABAP or BASiS?

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S T,

Please refer Vijay's doc on  E-mail sending functionality for different purposes in the below given link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49141

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what is mentioned by Srinivasa, SCOT needs to be configured by Basis consultants.

You may also refer to SAP note 836169 - Consulting, Payment advice Notes by E-Mail or Fax.

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

Also check if you have done configuration in SCOT to send email. Below link may be useful:

SMTP Configuration Guide (SAP Library - SAPconnect (BC-SRV-COM))

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member188964
Participant
0 Kudos

Adding to what Kalim said activating the BTE.

Make sure you enter vendor email address in the vendor master data.

Rgds

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ST,

Please follow the below steps to achieve your requirement,

1) Create a product in transaction FIBF  - settings - product - customer and active it by checking the box

2) Copy the sample function module SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 into a Z version of function module

3) You can make amendments in the function module to fetch the email address, either from general data or contact person etc.

4) Assign the SAP script or PDF form in the FBZP

5) Do you payment run

You should see emails in SOST.

If you need further help please let me know.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I did all the config but still not working. May be I am doing something wrong.

How can I copy the sample FM ....from where?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

Ask your ABAP guy to copy this FM with Z_SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040.

Regards,

Kalim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I assign just SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040? Will it work?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Ask your ABAP developer to copy the sample function module "SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040" into "Z_SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040" in transaction SE37

2) Assign the Z function module to the product and check the activate box

3) Enter the email address in vendor master data as specified by Shashi C

4) Perform the payment run in F110

5) You should see emails in SOST

Check the job log, it will give some sort of information of why you are not able to generate emails.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Really appreciate your answer. I can;t see any log for my one in SOST. I don't have the access to developer key. So, asked for ABAPer to help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find the log in SM37 or in F110 -> Payment run log and not in SOST.

0 Kudos

Hi

Same scenario. How does one get text for email body ? Tried creating text object in SO10 and altering ZSAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 with   "c_finaa-namep = 'F110_EMAIL_TXT' where  'F110_EMAIL_TXT'." is text ID.

The email is being generated with attachment but the email body is blank.

Your assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Darryl

0 Kudos

Sorted.

I noticed that my Zed copy of RFFORI06 did not include some logic [ eg. check_mail_text ]. The copy from SE38 did not include SAP enhancements. I have now created a new include and copied using ctrl^A and ctrl^C to copy all logic. Saved and activated and voila, it works.

regards,

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S T,

Use BTE 2040 for sending an email to vendor through F110 run.

Regards,

kalim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. where should I use BTE 2040?

Thanks

ST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

This should always be implemented first in Development Environment, that once you are sarisfied with the result move it to Quality for testing and UAT approval than move it to production.

Other than this BTE You could also contact your Developer to do the same by any program addition to Spool request.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S T,

Check Srinivasa' reply with detail explanation.

Let me know if you have any further clarification.

regards,

Kalim