cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Reserve Invoice & Unlinked Goods Receipt

0 Kudos

We are running into problems where users are creating AP Reserve Inovoices to pay for products prior to receiving them. Then the users who create the goods receipt are either not copying from the reserve invoice or they are breaking the link when they modify the line items. Now what can we do so we don't have two open documents? Right now we have an amount sitting in the prepaid GL account created from the reserve invoice and an amount sitting in an accrual account created from the open goods receipt. We need to close these against eachother. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

did you manage to close the open row on AP reserved invoice? I have the same situation: AP reserved invoice is created and Goods receipt PO is created independently, so I do not have the link 'BaseEntry - TargetEntry'.

For the accounting issues: accountants will manage, so in fact I need the closing mechanism...

Anyone helps...?

Marta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try reconciliation .

Finance >Internal reconciliation >G/ L reconciliation

But the issue will be coming again. Are you planning to change some business process or you want to continue as it is .

Hope this helps

Bishal

0 Kudos

The AP Reserve invoice has already been paid so an internal rec is not possible, correct? We do want to keep this as our procedure because we want to pay for invoices from a certain vendor prior to receiving the goods to take advantage of their purchase discount they offer to us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to cancel AP Reserve Invoice after close the GRPO. GRPO has no financial impact but inventory matter only.

0 Kudos

Thanks for you help Gordon,

But if there is no link between the GRPO and the AP Reserve invoice, closing the GRPO will not affect the AP Reserve invoice. Right now the AP reserve invoice shows Paid and the GRPO shows open. The only thought I have is to manually close the GRPO and then to copy the AP reserve invoice to another GRPO. This will close the AP Reserve invoice but overstate my inventory quantity. So then I will have to inventory adjust the qty out.

Thanks,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not copy AP reserve invoice to AP Invoice directly and bypass GRPO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think if you close it manually , bu going Data >Close . I think it will hit goods clearing account

Good receiveed Not Invoice Dr

Inventory Finished good Cr

After close ,

Goods clearing acct Dr

Good received Not invoice Cr

May be this works for you ..test it in test environment .... and verify with accountant

Hope this helps

Bishal

0 Kudos

The only option is GRPO because the AP Reserve invoice is essentially the AP invoice. The difference between the two is the receiving of goods.

0 Kudos

Closing the document is greyed out, it does not let me close it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be it is the issue of application error then..try upgrading to upper level ..

Your SAP version and Patch level

Or Log a support to SAP

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Unfortunately, you may not have any easy ways to handle this problem as soon as those automatic links have broken. You have to close those unlinked lines manually. Create a good query may help you for this task.

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos

Manually closing the goods receipt is possible, however you cannot close an AP Reserve invoice. So I will have to copy to a GR then do an inventory adjustment out? This is the best way?