cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP check clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When I tried to clear a check it's offsetting against the same sub account though I have two different GLs setup in bank config

in FBZP under bank determination <> Bank account <> my sub account / clearing account is 123456

and in house banks, bank's GL is 321456

The invoice and payment postings are correct. But, when I'm clearing the check it's posting dr and cr to same GL account 123456

Can someone please advise if I'm missing something?

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the masking logic you have used in bank statement configuration.

Your GL account digits are incorrect.

Example

If your sub account is 123456

Then your main account should 123450 (then your masking should +++++0)

Make this consistent across different account symbols.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for getting back. I just used those two GL numbers as an example. Both of my GLs are same length and same group. I don't understand about the masking. What is the masking logic? Could you please elaborate on this?

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid having to define a separate account symbol for every single house bank account (with a different G/L account in each case), the G/L account field can contain a masked output. The masking is done using ++++++ for the main bank account. For the sub accounts all the other digits are masked except the last one.

For Bank charges the actual gl account is entered.

So in your case the last digit of both the GL accounts end with same number..... change the GL account of your main bank and see to that the last digit is different from your clearing account........ do the masking accordingly and post.

Kind Regards

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please search in the google with

electronic bank statement configuration

then download the documents how to configure electronic bank statement, you will find the explanation for masking.

Masking is the way, how the system will understand when it posts / clears the entries in your bank statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you.

I'm not configuring electronic bank statement functionalility. It's just a txt file from the bank only with the information of the checks that have been cleared. We use FCKR transaction code to upload the file and mark the check as cashed and post a JE for clearing document.

Regards,

Sri

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What GL account you put in FI12

What is the sub account used in FBZP for the payment method

To make it simple, use FCHR and post in foreground through SM35, then see the results.