Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP: Change blocking rules

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus

I need your help. We are a new implementation and we are wondering why we have so many vendor line items blocked for payment. We think it is due to pricing and delivery date. Where in the configuration is this done so that we can review and make a better decision?

Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AMS,

An invoice could go on block due to various reasons such as there is an invoice receipt without goods receipt, price variation or out of the tolerance limits etc. Please check in transaction code OMR6.

Regards,

Elias

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Elias-

I know that. I am trying to figure out 2 things-

How do I quickly identify and execute an analysis of why things are going on Payment Block R?

And which Tolerance Key is it where I set Delivery Date? I am thinking ST however the Val is set at 100.00. What does that mean? 100 days?

Thanks a million!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this program: RM08RELEASE or t.code MRBR. If I find anything on your last question, I will update the thread as such. You may want to try MR02 as well.

Elias

Edited by: Elias Akorli on Apr 8, 2010 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

AMS,

I did find in my quick research for you about the ST tolerance:

This looks at the number of days multiplied by the invoice value. This is the tolerance to configure to block an invoice when the vendor has delivered the goods early AND has sent the invoice before the delivery date.

To calculate how it looks at this tolerance: multiply the item value by the number of days the invoice was sent early. So an item valued at $10 but invoiced 100 days early will be treated the same as an item valued at $1,000 but invoiced 1 day early.

As for a report, as recommended by the expert above, I've used MRBR as a report. I just run it as "Release Manually". Since you are looking for tolerances, run it as Blocked Due to Variance.

Then look at the following Blocking Reason columns:

Qty(Quantity), Prc (Price), OPQ, Qua (Quality), ItA (Item Amount), Dte(Date).

Logically, I would think that those with an X in the Dte would related to the ST setting. Perhaps you could run a test in TEST environment to confirm. Currently in my system, we don't use the ST tolerance and for us the Dte field is always blank in MRBR.

Good luck,

Cindy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode: SPRO

Under Materials Management\Logistics Invoice Verification\Invoice Block. There is SAP documentation there that provides more information about the config.

Cindy

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Cindy-

I think I didn't word my question well. I am aware of the documentation. How can I find out why my invoices are being blocked for payment. They have a payment block R which is LIV but how do I find out what failed? Is there anything that says AN, DW, etc.?

Thank you!