cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any custom entry in homepage framework opens in a new browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a custom entry to access uwl in ESS homepage framework. To my surprise on clicking the link on homepage it opens a new window.

The service works fine but a new browser window is opened. Can anyone help.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) Check Arul's point.

(2) Check your "window" parameters in the service definition. (make sure it is not like "target="_blank"")

(3) Check the actual iView parameters and make sure it is not set to open in new window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Arul

Its roles:// only and not exroles://.

Hi chris

i have checked the parameters of iview and it says "Display in portal content area"

When you mentined about service defintion did you refert to table "V_T7XSSSERRES". I didn't find any window parameter but i did find window property in the resource definition which is blank.

please advise.

thank you

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Barin

Hiya, old friend !

First...yes...it is "ROLES://portal_content/" for the RESOURCE's "URL of PCD Path" prefix.

Second....what I meant is to look at the RESOURCE's ...."Window Name" parameter. If it is set to "_blank", it will open in a new window. Also, make sure "Window Properties" isn't set to anything like "target=_blank" or anything like that.

Third...yep...that's the iView param I was talking about and looks like it is set ok.

Let me know what you see for those and we can go from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ chris

hello Old friend!!! I have checked the resource settings and there are no such values.

Please advise.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked how the Work Protect Mode in your portal has been configured?

Former Member
0 Kudos

@john

can you please specifiy the values you want me to check and confirm.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at note 734861.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

work protect mode is 2 and that has no change in the behavior.

we have already analysed note 734861

thank you

Edited by: Barin Desai on Jan 31, 2008 6:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

So that's the only service that opens a new browser window, everything else in your Homepage Framework opens in place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i understand the work protect mode should behave the same way on all services where as I face issues only in the services that I am adding in the homepage framework.

So what i c is that there should be some issue in home page framework only.

Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct, work protect mode shouldn't be the problem in your case.

I would probably start from the portal role and drill down through each portal component (i.e. Workset, Page, iView) and check that nothing has a parameter set to open the content in a new browser window.

Doing it this way (as opposed to opening each component) should reveal any delta linked changes to parameters that you may not be able to see when looking directly at the iViews etc.

I am assuming that the right Homepage configuration has been transported to your testing client as well?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

window name parameter should be left blank it should not contain any value.

christopher did hint me to this but I looked at only "_blank" parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you got "EXROLES:" prefix in your PCD specification?. ROLES prefix supposed to open the url in the same window and EXROLEs in new window.

Arul