cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Salary Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to configure the calculation of annual salary based off of an hourly wage type.

The rule for calculation is...

Hourly amount * 8 (hours in a day) * 30 (days per month) * 12 (months per year)

So, an hourly wage type with amount of $12,00 would be an annual salary of $34,560.

Does anyone have a guide on configuration of this in the IMG ? All I can find is a place to put percentages. Right now the annual salary calculation is not working.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think then based on all this the solution is that I cannot configure annual salary to calculate without using Infotype 0007 and configure at least two dummy work schedules. Does that seem correct? We are not using any of the time infotypes but all the other configuration is in place.

former_member638358
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you maintaining infotype 7 and 8? Even if you don't run payroll, you will need a basic pay WT and a work schedule rules defined and IT0007 for hourly employees. You do need hours per period in IT0008 to determine annual salary. You default those from It0007. Also, even if you don't run payroll you must have a payroll area in IT0001. Please also check T549R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have a WT default for your country in feature ANSAL. Then for that WT (usually ASAL) ensure you have a valuation module in V_T511. The module is usually ANSAL. Then, in V_T539J you assign ANSAL and ASAL the hourly WT from IT0008 at the percentage you want - usually 100%.

Pay attention to rounding configuration in t511 as well as to feature PFREQ. this will default the number of pay periods in the year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have all of these things configured correctly, however, we are not using the time infotypes nor are we running real payroll. They just want the annual salary to appear based on the entry of the amount per the wagetype...even with all of these items configured the annual salary does not calculate properly.

Is it looking for real hours worked or timebase? (because we dont have that information)

That's why I was looking for a place to enter actual code rather than a percentage.

((Your answer is really helpful and validated what I had already entered though))