cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An entry in field "cost center" is not permitted for G/L account 400000

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried to enter a cost center in the field "Cost Center" in the line item for "Raw Matieral" account under G/L document entry screen, the system gave a error message: "An entry in field Cost Center is not permitted for account 400000". Can anybody tell me the solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you did not mention which transaction you are trying to do this...

Whether it is p&L item or Balance sheet item, material accounts should be posted automatically...you cannot post to it manually..

I hope the GL 400000 is Raw Material consumption account.

If so please check whether cost element for this GL created or not through Txn KA03. If not pls create it.

If cost element created already and still it is not allowing.... then check the filed status group which is assigned to this GL ( probably it would be G003).

In field status group in the account assignment tab it should be required entry or optional. ( as per standard it is required/optional).

In fact these kind of consumption account should be assigned with cost center in txn OKB9.

Despite the above if the GL is Balance sheet item ( i.e., inventory ) then forget about the cost center

Regards,Velumani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether G/L account 400000 has been created as a cost element with cost element category '1' or not.

Also, please note that if it is a Balance sheet related account, cost center assignment will not be possible.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,

Dhananjai

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hua,

Please check the movement type for the Raw material.

Also check if the cost element have been created for Raw Material account.

Hope this helps.

Please asign points as way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally the cost centre is not required in balance sheet account. Some design may require profit centre, but not cost centre.

What you can do is just ignore the message, delete the cost centre field value and continue with the posting.

regards,

Halim