cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An account with some docs posted on it needs to be changed to an recon...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem, I need to chnage an account to be an reconciliation account for vendors. The problem is that I already have some value posted on this account. I tried posting a document on it that would bring it to zero balance and then do the change but it won't let me. Is there a way to do it?

Thank you for the help!

D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Karthik. You should not have any problem once the reco account balance is made zero.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the problem is that I have no open item management enabled on this account so even if balance is zero the system does not perceive it as closed?!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process you did is ideal, but could you tell me the error you are facing in doing it. Also please check OAMK.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried OAMK but it shows me only asset reconciliation accounts and not vendor ones.

Here is an error:

http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greskarf4.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you click on long text and let me know the error message number?

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, here it is:

Changing the reconcil.acct indicator not possible; acct has a balance

Message no. FH083

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to change the indicater after bringing the balance to zero. Hope you are trying a transfer posting directly with the recon account. It wont let you do it. Bring the balance of vendor accounts for which it is the recon account. Please test before you do it live.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't bring vendor balance to zero as it is, at the moment, not a reconciliation acc. If you mean I should bring all vendors to zero...hmm that might be tricky I guess, don't know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can simulate in a test environment, please try this,

a. transfer the entire balance in recon account by posting to one single vendor (with the same recon account) and crediting it to some other account.

b. make the change to recon account in FS02.

c. reverse the earlier entry and it should allow cause you are posting to a vendor account and not directly.

Rgds.