Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMC mapping in SAP

vlvenkatesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

I have working in Genset manufacturing project where the client wants the Installation,AMC & Warranty of Gesets to be mapped in SAP. Is there any special module to do this or can be mapped in the present modules.

Kindly reply......

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your client giving the service under the AMC or receiving service under the AMC? Or in other hand is ur client the customer or the vendor in this business case?

In either case warranties start and end dates can be maintained in the equipment master. Equipment masters are available in the Customer service module. Also if the AMC is being offered by your client then create a sales document of the type service contract. If the AMC is being received by your client do as suggested earlier on the procurement side.

thanx

Bala

vlvenkatesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Tech squatter!

My client is Genset manufacturer and providing Service on Installation & AMC for gensets. Your answer does not say about tracking based on unique engine serial and its warranty control(like claims with 24 months of genset billing or 2500 hrs of genset running hours).Most of all the installation & Amc service is provided by a third party from various locations who raises bill on my client and based on which client raises his bill on the customer (to whom the genset was sold).Hope u understand the business requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your business is fully clear. You sell gensets and provide after sales service for them. Though you sell the maintenance contracts the actual rendering of the service is done by a third party. They bill u and u bill ur customer in turn. Your process has a perfect solution in SAP - Customer Service module.

Maintain material code for the gensets. Either by model or group or whatever. But be there when ur MM consultant discusses what is being deemed as materials. Next, create equipments. Enter material code and serial number in the equipment master. So equipment no = mat. code + ser. no.

Next, create master warranty (BGM1) and enter your required conditions with AND/OR combination. it means warranty ends on 24 months or 2500 hrs of run time. Again, in the equipment maintain a counter with the characteristic of run time. Then, create a task list with operation with control key PM03. Enter related data such as vendor etc for that operation.

If you doing scheduled visits to check the equipment during the AMC then create a maintenance plan for the equipment and include that tasklist. The other alternative is customer approaches for genset failure. Then, create service order manually.

Quite a bit of work on hand for you. But the solution is there. And once configured and tested you will find it elegant.

thanx

The first who reaches wins!

vlvenkatesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanx,seems to be okay.Let me try.

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Kindly ask Client to take a quotation from the Genset Vendor to know approximate estimated amount for the

Installation,AMC & Warranty of Gesets.

Then ask Client to create a contract in SAP ( me31k) for the period for which this AMC will be valid.Suppose this AMC is valid for say 12 months, then you should put qty as 12.

After creating this contract, create a PO (me21n)with reference to this Contract.

Then create service entry sheet ( ml81n) for the period say one month for which this service has been delivered by the vendor.

After this create a billing document i.e. LIV ( miro) followed by IV.And this way payment to the vendor for his services can be made.

I hope this will help you.

Reward if helps.

Regards

Tushar A.Vhora

vlvenkatesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

dear Tushar Vhora,

thanks for your reply the client wants THE TOTAL SCENARIO to be tracked on the basis of Unique engine serial number.The system should also check the warranty,Number of visits to customer,warranty claims etc in line with AMC & warranty terms.

Kindly reply.

Venkatesh