cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to AB08 to reverse Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are faced with a situation where 98 assets were created by capitalizing under one common project code.

14 of assets are incorrect out of these 98 assets. If I were to use AB08, it will be reversing all the 98 asset and required to re-input the 84 asset again in the setttlement rule.

Kindly advice if there is an alternative to AB08 which can be used to reverse only these 14 assets in question.

Would be really grateful if someone can suggest me a way out.

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

I would prefer to create a new asset and do ABUMN i.e. asset to asset transfer or ABT1N for Inter Co Asset transfer

Br, Ajay M

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I am afraid, a mass reversal of asset movements doesn't exists within the standard SAP system.

In SAP standard it is not possible to mass reverse asset transactions, you can only reverse one document at a time with AB08.

regards Bernhard

syedhamed_ahmed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dey,

When settlement of AuC is carried out one financial document is created for each settlement that is executed. Now you have capatilized 98 assets assuming that you have created settlement rule which distributies the cost of AuC on these 98 assets.

When the settlement execution is done it creates one FI document which affects the different assets involved in the settlement rule.

If all these settlements are carried out individually i.e., one FI document for capatilization of each asset in such case its is possible what you are looking for.

Regards,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Just to let you know, here we are settling to 98 assets directly from the WBS ie there is not AUC in between.

Balaji

Edited by: Debojit Dey on Feb 28, 2011 10:40 AM

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) I think this is a good idea from Ajay Maheshwari to create nw asset and mae a transfer (ABUMN/ABTN1).

2) Check if not even the easiest solution is passable. To reverse 14 asset should be also not a big problem.

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you capitalize the asset (Which transaction)? I presume that there are multiple asset numbers created.