cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative raw material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query. I am procuring raw material from two source. One is a indigenous material and another is a import material. both are operational. How can i use these two materials in my Parent BOM? I know that to create a alternate BOM 1 for Indigenous and Alternate BOM for Import material. Then i need to create a Production Version. I need to select options in MRP 4 of the material master of the Parent Material. During converting Planned orders to Production Orders, system will ask which alternate BOM I need. Here i need to select manually. but i don't want to do this manual work. I want automatically selection of the BOM 1 or 2. So could anyone let me know any solution for my query?

Regards,

Sangeetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sangeetha,

If you are satisfied with the solution given means please close the thread as answered.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sangeetha,

1.If you want to use both the materials in the same alternative BOM,say only one BOM is there for the

product and you can use both the indegenous material and imported material using the concept of

Alternative item by combining both these 2 items into an alternative item group.

2.In case if only one component is used to be used for making the product means then either you can

make combine both these items into an alt.item group and mention the usage probability for the second

item as 0% and theitem to be used with 100%.

3.If you are not willing to go as per this concept then you can create 2 alternative BOM's,one containing

the indegenous material and the second alternative BOM with the imported material.

4.You can create 2 production version incase if you have created 2 alternative BOM's and using different

lot size or the validity dates you can control.

5.In case if both the prod.versions are having the same lot size and validity dates means then the

system always pickup the first prod.version during MRP.If you want to use the second prod.version

means then lock the first one.

6.If are using 2 prod.versions and want to pick anyone of these,then mention the BOM selection method

as 2 in MRP4 view of the material master.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,

Sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeetha,

As you stated you are having option of going for production version.

If you want to selct the PV automatically, you need tp first give the selection criteria.

Here you didn't mention the selection criteria.

If it's lot size then you can have separate lot size for the two PV.

In the MRP 4 view you can select the 'Seletcion method' as 3 i.e. selection only by PV.

In OPL8, i.e. Define order type dependent parameters define '0' i.e. Automatic selection of PV.

After this as per the lot size corresponding PV will be selected.

Another option is using the concept of alternative item.

It works when you want to use these two material with certain percentage or the stock of any of the material is 100% avaiilable to satisfy the requirement.

In the BOM of FG enter these two materials as components.

Now seelct both the components, click on 'Details'.

In the first component details in 'Basic Data' tab page, under 'General Data' enter 'A1' ( it could be anything as you like).

System will give pop up.

1) Case 1- You want use these materials percentage wise-

In the pop up enter as follows for the first material which you want to use in the first place,

priority-- 1

Startegy-- 1

Usage probability--- 70 (it could be as per your requirement)

Now go into details of second component.

Enter the 'Alternative group' as A1 (same what you entered in the first component)

In the pop up enter as follows,

priority-- 2

Startegy-- 1

Usage probability--- 70 (it could be as per your requirement)

2) Case 2- You want to use the material which is available 100% to satisfy the requirement

Enter the altenative group as A1.

For the first material enter as follows in the pop up,

priority-- 1

Startegy-- 2

Usage probability--- 50 (it could be as per your requirement)

For the second material enter as follows in the pop up,

priority-- 2

Startegy-- 2

Usage probability--- 50

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SmanS,

Thanks for ur help.

Regards,

Sangeetha

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

How to add alternate raw material with priority in BOM - Mass updation I want to do.