cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Items on transaction screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to know if its possible to automatically select the Type field as Alternative item if the item no selected happens to be an alternative item.

For example, Item 2 is the Alternative Item for Item 1.

In the sales quotation, I insert Item 1 as one of the items. Then I insert Item 2 in row 2 which happens to be the alternative for Item 1. Therefore, instead of manually selecting Alternative in the type field, can it be made automatic? I am asking this since the requirement is for hundreds of items in a single sales quotation, and manually selecting the Alternative item can potentially leads to mistakes.

The system must select the row type as Alternative after checking if the item is an alternative to previously inserted items above. It could be made editable if the user so wishes to.

It is possible?

Prajwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. My usage requires that an alternative must be a direct substitute for the original item. In cases of stock deficiency, alternative items can be sold as substitutes for original items.

In a Sales Quotation, a quote will be given for Item 1 for x amount, an alternative item will be quotated y amount. But the total of the document cannot be the total of both, it should only be for original items. This can be achieved if the row Type is selected as Alternative.

Therefore, if items selected happen to be alternative items to the previously inserted items in the rows above, the row type needs to be selected as Alternative automatically. By default, it remains as Regular unless we change it. I need it to be automated, since the quotations generally go into hundreds of items and there is potential of making mistakes that can become hard to identify (especially if there are 150 items in the quotation).

Prajwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. I have not used alternative items so far. Your requirement sounds reasonable. Hope FMS can be used here but since it is a list, it is not available.

Probably only SDK will be a viable solution.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Type field has

Regular

Alternative

Text

Sum

I want it to choose Alternative automatically if the item has been defined in the system as an alternative to the previous item in the row above.

I am using SAP B1 2005B PL : 42

Prajwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternative means either ... or. So what is your use of the alternatve? It probably not exactly the alternative but the accessories or associated items. Is that your case?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal,

In our version, type field has only few options for Text or SubTotal. If you want to expand its function, only SDK may be tried.

Thanks,

Gordon