cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Items in specification

0 Kudos

Hi all.

In standard system we can create alternative items in BOM with relationship 1 to 1. For example main component "A" and alternative component "B". In case, if during withdrawal postings component "A" is not available system change it on alternative item B.

How we can create alternatives for groups of component?

For example group of main component "A1" & "A2" in case of absence "A1" or "A2" must be changed on group of alternative items "B1" & "B2" & "B3".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

You can use Discontinuation material for that BOM Component inthe item details. This will be specific to that BOM only. If you need this feature in all BOMs, maintain the same in Material Master MRP view.

Regards,

Keerthi N.

0 Kudos

Thank you but

We need alternative but not discontinuation.

0 Kudos

UP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

I don't think so for Group of components as you said A1/A2 should be replaced with B1 or B2 if it is unavailable. Same requirement I faced but that was at MRP level. And logically A1 might be having some components/materials under it so how system will identify for particular component in group A1 replacement is particular component of group B1. So it would be better to maintain Alternative components by assigning it to respective BoM components.

Best Regards,

Abu Arbab

0 Kudos

Thank you,but

This decision in not approach for us. We need decision for problem exact as I have written.

0 Kudos

UP

0 Kudos

UP