cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate item

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

I want to know is there any procedure to select one of the alternate items in a bom while running MRP.

i.e for example I have a bom in which Iam using a motor of different makes and based on the customer requirement I have to select specific make of motor while running MRP.I have used alternate item group but its not suitable.

please suggest some procedure.

thanks in advance

ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you better to go for varainat configuration which will suit your requirement.

If you go for alternative item/alternative BOM, during MRP run it will create a problem.

If you need more information please let us know.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Plz let me know what is your present business process in this case.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Ravi,

MRP always explodes for Alternate BOM 1. Therefore, u cann't work by multiple BOM. U have 2 make variant configuration with proper strategy group. By SO u try to explode ur BOM.

Regards,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

u can maintain alternative item group in BOM for that items (both ) and give the priority and usage probility for that both item , if u give 0% for one of item then system will not plan for that item , like this u can choose the items as per ur customer wants.

regards

gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Understanding the scenario : if you have more materials of this kind ( like where customer can pick ) you can better go for variant configuration which gives option for picking the variants.

2) Or you can also pick the particular combination of items thorugh maintaining alternate BOM.

You cannot plan for items during MRP run.

prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakash

Here the process is complte subcontracting and there is no inhouse production ,so as we have to maintain alternate BOM we have to select BOM by lotsize or by validity date or by production version.so i think alternate BOM not suits our requirement.

can you please suggest some process

thanks

ravi