cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Views are not appearing in MM01/MM02 in Views selection screen???

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked all required MM Views in the 'Maintain User Settings' node in IMG for the Screen Sequence Assigned in 'Assign Screen Sequences to User/Material Type/Transaction/Industry Sector' for a User. However, when I click on the Views button in MM01 while creating a new Materila Master, the system does not show all the views selected.

Can anyone tell how can I get the desired views. Is there any table where from I can know what and all views exist for selection, in case if these deleted by someone accidentally.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member637182
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here u have to check,the attributes of the material types in IMG

Path is IMG-Logistics-Material Master-Basic settings-Attributes of the Material Types(T-Code is OMS2).Select what views u r required in User Departments.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh

> Hi,

>

> I have checked all required MM Views in the 'Maintain

> User Settings' node in IMG for the Screen Sequence

> Assigned in 'Assign Screen Sequences to User/Material

> Type/Transaction/Industry Sector' for a User.

> However, when I click on the Views button in MM01

> while creating a new Materila Master, the system does

> not show all the views selected.

>

> Can anyone tell how can I get the desired views. Is

> there any table where from I can know what and all

> views exist for selection, in case if these deleted

> by someone accidentally.

>

> Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto T code OMS2 and then check the material type Eg fert and then double click on the material type and then it leads u to the over screen wher u can select the views to the material type

Reward points if helful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I know that this is a very long thread to read, but did you not think that the reason the thread is so long may be because the problem is not so simple?

The earlier posts clearly indicate that the requirement is to block access to certain views for <u>some users</u> but allow access to those views by other users.

You proposal is welcome but was mentioned at the beginning of the thread already and does not achieve the requirement.

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I already checked the Material Type in Config and all the default views are selected there for the respective Material Types e.g. ROH.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The menu path and functionality that you have mentioned above indicates that you are changing the settings in the config that configure the views and flows of views in the SPRO menu option "Configuring the Material Master", am I correct?

Why have you used this, it is only needed if you want to be very complex about the MM01, MM02 and MM03 screens.

The minute you set anything in these tables you will be having a significant affect on the sequence and views displayed.

If you didn't intend to do this then try to remove any config that you have done and the views will appear again (as standard).

In particular do not change the settings on the "Maintain order and additional screens" table, this has probably caused your problem.

But the main sequence is stored as key 01, just make sure that any other tables in this menu area point to 01.

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The system's below cited standard setting also did not work.

01 * * * 21 Std ind.(short) tab pages

Therefore, I created a new (copy of 21) Screen Sequence and then config as below:-

01 * * * Std Ind. Tab Pages - ZY

01 ZY * * Std Ind. Tab Pages - ZY

Tried all 3 above but still MM01 shows the same views for all.

ZY - I tried creating a User Screen Reference ZY, so that I can restrict a user with Plant and Views in MM01/MM02.

Can you suggest if there is any table which can tell whether the views are still valid/can be used in the system i.e. if not deleted?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The settings against the material type are the only ones that hold the views that are to be displayed.

the config you are trying to use can "hide" some views and put them into a different sequence but there is no separate table to deleting or hiding eahc view.

Are you saying that in the config I mentioned above "maintain order of main and additional screens" that all of the views are there for the 01 trying to use?

(it is the 01 that holds the valid views NOT the ZY entry that you have mainatined)

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Remember the following (on the "Assign Screen Sequences to User/Material Type/Transaction/In..." config)

the first column (in the screen sequence control tab) is taken from the transaction (next tab down shows what has been allocated to the transaction)

The second column is the user id (next tab down) (* is all users)

The third column is the reference from the material type (next tab down again)

The last column comes from the industry sector (next tab down again).

For every combination of these you would need to add an additional line and specify the screen sequence number that you want.

It can be tricky to determine which entry is being used, you have to be very careful to check each column and verify that the correct code has been used.

If you then get a combination of all codes that match exactly on that entry then the screen sequence that it has WILL be used.

So check each entry in each column and make sure that they are all exactly correct first.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the settings in the "mainatin user settings" especially the "organisational levels (industry)" and

"View selection (Industry and retail"

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the explaination. I checked in "Assign Screen Sequences to User/Material Type/Transaction/In..." and I had done in exactly the way you explained above and all seitings are correct.

However, I found that someone has changed the order of Screen Sequence 21 in "maintain order of main and additional screens", which I copied to make ZY. When I try assigning the correct sequence to 21, system gives the short dump and does not allow me to correct the sequence. Is there any special way/method to correct the Order of screens OR I will have to delete 21 completely and then have to copy from some other correct sequence and renaming it to 21.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All I can suggest is that you look in another "untouched" system or the client 000 settings and change teh sequence 21 to match the original and try that.

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I tried changing the seqnece 21 by comparing with the other system's 21 sequence but the system gives the short dump when I press Enter or scroll down after making the changes.

Also as mentioned in earlier note I want to set a scenario like for e.g. 3 different users should have access to different views on the same IndSector but different MTypes or vice versa. And also I do not want the Usres to be allowed to select any other view than the defined one (say Basic Data 1 and Purchasing for 1st user)be clicking the 'Select Views' button in MM01/MM02 screen.

Can you tell me where I need to make these settings.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the 21 entry is corrupt then creat a new one and use this instead.

You are using the right function if you are trying to limit the views by user / Material type.

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Ok, I will try that later.

Got to leave now and will catch you tomorrow, if have any issues.

Thanks a lot.

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how can I restrict a User to access only 2-3 views in MM01/MM02 and also the User should not be allowed to change the View selection by clicking on the Select Views button ?.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are asking for is not quite possible using the standard options.

I would suggest considering copying the MM02 transaction / programs and mdofying it to work this way. You can then ONLY allow these users access to this modified transaction and leave MM02 etc. to the other users.

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Can you tell me how and where can I copy and modified this Transaction, if other than using Trans. Variant.

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

ANy ABAP programmer should be able to copy the program, modify it and then attach it to a new transaction code.

I never like recommending modifications and so please do try to use other methods such as training (and trusting) you users so that they do not update views that they are not supposed to touch.

But if you HAVE to do this then the process is reasonably simple (for an ABAP person).

Steve B

former_member562193
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Steve, I will talk to ABAP Consultant for this.

Thanks,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These views are controlled by material type.

To see which ones are relevant to the material type you are using check the config of the material type.

SPRO > Logistics general > Material MAster > Basic settings > material types

Sel;ect the one you are usinmg and check the views that are active.

As for MM02 you will ONLY EVER see the views that have been mainatined for that material via MM01 and not the full list of views available.

Steve B