cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AJAB year-end closing no data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running transaction AJAB for year end closing of Asset Accounting. We are trying to close fiscal year 2010.

In test run, it is showing no errors, but it is also not displaying any data. I expect it to show some information on the assets that will be affected, though no data is being shown.

What could be the problem? I noticed that depreciation may need to be recalculated (AFAR). Could this affect year-end closing?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This transaction will not show you any data since it is only required for the technical purposes. While running t-code AJAB, is displaying "NO" under the "Other Error" column then it means you don't have any issues while doing the year end-Closing.

Did you make any changes to any asset after completing your depreciation run for 12 month? If yes, then it is recommended that you do run transaction "AFAR" so the depreciation will be correcting for that asset before you actually do the year end closing for Fixed Asset.

However, if you are sure that you have not made any changes to any of your assets then you don't have to recalculate the depreciation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mafzal,

When running AJAB, there is usually a table with more information on all the assets that will be closed if I'm not mistaken. This table is there but there are no messages in it. I dont think this is normal.

Also, we have not made any changes to assets since running depreciation for the 12 months, but when I run AFAR, there are new asset values for all assets (with a minor difference, i.e. $0.02, $0.01 etc.). Does this need to be run again? Why were there new values?

Thanks,