cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages and disadvantages of having 2 controlling areas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

My client have 2 company codes and will use same fiscal year variant and chart of account. so we recommend for one contrilling area. But my client wants some document or wants to know the advantages and disadvantages of having 2 controlling areas.

I will really do appreciate if anybody hepls me in this regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no general correct answer as every case is the different.

However, the majority of solutions that have a single CoA will also have a single Controlling Area.

The Controlling Area is the highest reporting level in Controlling, PCA, CCA etc.

Normally if you have two CoA then you will have two Controlling Areas.

A simple point to make to them is that a Controlling Area can only have 1 CoA, therefore you cant have 2.

Are your Company Codes in the same Country?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes both company codes are in the same country, same fiscal year and will use same CoA.

My client is asking for the advantages and disadvantages if they use seperate controlling areas for both company codes ( 2 controlling areas) and than both the controlling areas will assigned to a 1 Operating Concern.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simple they will have to maintain two Chart of Accounts, and then in theory they want be able to do any reporting across the two.

2 CoA will mean double maintenace, moving away from standard SAP etc.

please award points if useful.

0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not only to maintain the CoA twice, you have also to maintian the customizing for the controlling area dependent settings twice. Keep in mind the closure in CO, it is not possible to launch the jobs for both company codes once.

regards

Harald