Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust the depreciation amount in posted period

greenrose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've changed one of my asset depreciation key from 20% to 10% straight line method. The changes is done in period 6. I have run AFAR for this changes.

Let say my planned depreciation was 1000 (for 20% dep. key) and now the new depreciation would be 500 (for 10% dep key). I would like the depreciation to be recalculate in period 1 (i.e 1000 minus 500) and distribute the amount evenly throughout the period (period 1 to 6). Is it possible?

I've run AFAB in planned mode and the changes (lump sum) will only take places on next period (period 7). When i execute AFAB in restart mode (period 1), the error says restart is not possible for period 1.

Appreciate your advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

Have a look also at KBA 1534331 - RAPOST2000 - How to post 'planned depreciation' for
subsequent posting or depreciation cha...

This knowledge base article describes the situation how the system will pick up the depreciation adjustment when a change in depreciation terms (e.g. change of depreciation key) has been made.

As Mukthar is pointing out, if you have run depreciation already (ordinary planned depreciation run in AFAB), and afterwards you make a change, you can start a repeat run for that very same period again and it will adjust the value equally to all periods going forward.

You find in this KBA also an attachment which outlines an example.

I hope this helps further in understanding how depreciation is adjusted after a change of depreciation terms.

Best regards,

Brigitte

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

You cannot post depreciation changes in restart mode. You have to run it in repeat mode. However, you can post depreciation changes only in last period. You cannot post it from period 1. What ever difference araised due to dep.key changes will post in last period or current period in lump sum.

Regards,

Mukthar

greenrose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukhtar for the feedback. I've tried run the depreciation in the last period and it was successful.

Is it possible if the adjustment in the depreciation happens in current period? I've tried run the depreciation in current period (planned depreciation) after changed the depreciation key but nothing posted.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

After changing the dep.key,  you have to run AFAR for the asset. If any changes in depreciation exists for the asset, then it will show.

Regards,

Mukthar