cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon Connection timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Have developed an addon using Visual basic .NET 2005 and created ard file using B1DE. It installs correctly, but when I try to start addon it gives the error message as

"Addon connection timed out".

I have changed my code according to the Note 912572, but that didn't help

It works fine when I run it through code.The above problem occurs when I register addon and try to start it .

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will happen when the installation time you gave while creating the addon is less.

While creating the Addon give enough installation time i.e 180  or more depending upon size of your Addon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried this also, but addon did not started /worked even after it gave message "Addon connection timed out".

thanks..

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the addon install time and uninstall time given were too short.Give them as 1200 which is nearly 5mins,should be adequate even if the client machine is slow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Have a look at the following threads if you have not already.

and

HTH,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have given connection string in the command line argument,when making addon the command line argument should have some value.Without this the addon would run perfectly except that the message "Addon connection timed out" will be shown.Did u chk if the addon is running even after this message.