Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon can run if partner's addon license is bought

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts/Gurus,

I have developed add-on using VB 6 in SBO SDK 2004A SP 00 PL 41 and the add-on will be used in the customer's site. This add-on's developed using SSO connection and must be developed using SDK development license (so, the add-on identifier strings used can be generated either using development or solution type) . If I use add-on identifier string using solution license, for example DEL_Solutions, then I recompile the add-on and deliver it to our customer then they created the installer and ard file. After that register the add-on into application, could the add-on run ? The customer has bought DEL_Solution (SWPRODUCTTEXT= DEL_Solution) but never bought SDK development license. I assume it can be run but I am not so sure yet. I apreciate your answer so much. TIA

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

To generate the identifier string, use BASIS...... and not the solution name.

regards

Ad

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tks for your answer. In the DEL_Solution license component, I see the SWPRODUCTNAME=BASIS0000001234_MSS, when I use BASIS0000001234_MSS, the string is generated, but if put it to addon source code, the add-on can't run. The error message is Run-time error '-7201 (ffffe3df)': License does not exist. but if I use BASIS0000001234, the add-on can run. The string is able to generate if there is SDK development license like you have said, but if the customer doesn't have it, but has bought DEL_Solution, can the add-on still run in the customer site if I use only string that generated using BASIS0000001234 ?

Rgds,