cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of Partner fields in Equipment master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add new fields in equipment master under partner tab. A period field is needed next to partner detail. How can I customize the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SP ,

Can you please expain the business process you are trying to map ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assign a partner in equipment master for particular period. Later for another period I will assign another partner (i.e  a department or  user) which will be responsible for the equipment.

Fo this reason I want a period field under "partner tab". Is it possible through customization?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not possible in standard SAP

You will need to develop a solution.

Alternatively you could use classification with two characteristics: PARTNER, EXPIRY_DATE

PeteA

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Pete Said , its not possible . You can use a class with 2 characterstics , start date and end date . Assigning this class to equipment will solve the things .Or a third character as Partner itself you can create and mention the all the information in characterstics itself .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggest usage of "Define History Related fields" in IMG setting (add fields KUND1,KUND2 and KUND3 as history relevant)

and assign partner functions using IMG setting "Assign Partner Determination Procedure to Equipment Category". (add relevant partner function in column Operator).

After making these settings if you change value in relevant partner in IE02 then it appears in IH08 listing. If client is ok with it then you can proceed.

Thx

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP,

I have a question: does the user want to set a pre-defined value manually???

If so, then the solutions provided above will not work.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

User want to assign time period (such as 2010-2011) or Start date and End date for a particular partner(User/Vendor/Department) So that history data will be present.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you cannot use the standard partner functionality.

Classification would be the easiest method.

PeteA

Answers (0)