cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding class,class type and characteristics for equipment by LSMW

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have got a requirment to upload equipment(+serial no),class and characteristics as in IQ01 tcode. Equipment details are in separate excel sheet and class and characteristics are in separate excel sheet. I had completed the equipment upload by LSMW - recording. Now I need to upload class, class type, characteristics for the equipment(+serial no). In LSMW for BUS3060 you have no choice in the method, message type and basic type: you get CREATE, CLASSIFICATION_CREATE and CLASSIFICATION_CREATE01 by default. This relates to the function module BAPI_OBJCL_CREATE_KEY. To use this I have to have internal key in table INOB which i dont have in excel sheet.

The bapi which meets to my requirement is BAPI_OBJCL_CREATE but this does not have business object(BO) assigned. To use a bapi we need to have BO in LSMW.

For each equipment i have 48 characteristics so recording will not be preferred method. If we have LSMW then we can add or remove any characteristics in future. So I am looking for bapi in LSMW....

Please do suggest me how to proceed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

I dont know about BAPI in LSMW but, I am clear that this can be made possible using Standard Batch Input/ Direct Input Method in LSMW with Object -  0400, Method - 0002.

Would suggest you to refer my blogs mentioned below:

LSMW for Master Data upload Simple Explanation (Part - 1)

LSMW for Master Data upload Simple Explanation (Part - 2)

Here Part-1 and Part-2 would suggest you with all LSMW steps and Part-3 will suggest you for using LSMW with hierarchical Structures for uploading Equipment Master.

Please use this method for already created Equipments.

Do tell me if there is any further help required.

Hope this helps.

Chin2.