Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/retrieve serial numbers from an existing draft delivery

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I read some topics considering several issues regarding the serial numbers like:

• You should use existing serial/batch numbers for this document type
  • Cannot add row without complete selection of batch / serial numbers

However I did not find a solution for my problem.

What I want to realize is as follows:

1. We use draft delivery documents for creating all our documentation regarding our shipment etc.
  2. Serial numbers will be scanned during collecting all goods from the draft delivery document
  3. After everything is scanned, these serial numbers need to be attached to the draft document.
    Note: the serial number is not yet known by SAP.

• How can I retrieve the serial numbers which are already stored on the draft delivery?
  • And how can I add serial numbers to the draft delivery even when their not known in SAP? Regarding the issue: "You should use existing serial/batch numbers for this document type"

The setting I use is: On Release Only and Select Unique Serial Numbers is set to none

I hope anyone know of this would be possible.

Kind regards,

Marcel

View Entire Topic
Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hoi Marcel,

How about a user table in which you register / reserve your new serial numbers and the related document number and items?

Then when you are ready to commit your draft, you first create the necessary serial numbers in B1, so you can then consume them.

Regards,

Johan

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to add serial numbers without relating them directly to a document.

This topic describes that issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3337898

Kind regards,

Marcel Kieboom

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Could you please describe a more literal example of your process please, because I am not sure I understand the  how/what/where/when of the serial numbers?

Regards,

Johan