cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On stops responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once in a while, my add-on stops responding to SBO events. It happens upon closing a custom form. The add-on is still running, as I can see in the Visual Studio window, but there's no response to menu/item events. It seems that the only thing that solves this problem is a restart of the computer (closing and re-opening SBO client doesn't work).

Has anyone encountered such a problem? Does anyone think it's a problem with the add-on itself (it happened on two different computers)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

Do you have error catching in your add-on? I mean try...catches around all your code. Or perhaps event filtering? What sometimes happens on custom forms is that events are caught and when closing a form the form_unload event is caught. Then a form variable is set (eg. oForm = oApplication.Forms...). But it's where BeforeAction = False and it means the form is actually closed. The application then gets an exception which is unhandled. When this happens the add-on doesn't get any messages anymore.

Hope it helps,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Adele and Gianluigi.

I will your suggested solutions and report back.

Message was edited by:

Avi Bandel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Profile your addon with B1 .NET Profiler to see what is going on. It is part of

B1TE that you can download from SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran the .NET Profiler, and the add-on test worked - I saw all the SDK communication log in the profiler when I clicked the test button, Yet there's no log lines for my add-on

I tried stopping and running my add-on several times, with no luck.