cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on registration steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just created the .ard file for my project using AddOnRegDataGen.exe, it uses an xml file that holds an UDF, the SAPBouiCOM and SAPBobsCOM dll files.

Which files should be delivered to customer to be able to successfully install the add-on ?

Are only needed the .exe and .ard files ?

Also that files depending from the sap b1 version and/or patch level ?

I'm posting this questions because when I run the add-on in other sap b1 patch level it causes the block of add-on!

can someone help me in this?

thanks in advance.

best regards

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i well understand the client needs all external files the add-on uses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Take a look at you project's Debug in or Build in folder and include in your project the exe file and any other files you use (xml files, forms (xml or srf), reports (.rpt files), images, etc.).

When you include the exe file in you project, Visual Studio will detect any dependency and will include does files also.

Regards,

Vítor Vieira

Former Member
0 Kudos

i looked in the bin\release project folder and i found the below files:

- Integra.exe

- SAPbouiCOM.dll

- SAPbobsCOM.dll

- Integra.vshost.exe

i didn't find the form xml file !

does the customer need it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

If you're using XML forms (.srf files), then yes. All resources must be available to the client. You can tell Visual Studio to copy this files automatically when you run/compile the application. Just open the Solution Explorer (Menu ViewSolution Explorer) and the Properties Window (Menu ViewProperties Window). In the Solution Explorer select the resource file you want copied (.srf file, image, etc). Then, in the Properties Window, set the "Copy to Output Directory" to "Copy if newer").

Run your application again and check in bin folder for the resource files.

Regards,

Vítor Vieira