cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on is disconnected when starting it automatic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

we've written an addon and an installer for SBO. When I start SBO after registering the addon the addon is installed and linked sucessfully. Now I can start the SBO from the addon Manager whithout problems. When I change the user preferences in the addon administrator to automatic and start DBO again, I get the system message "Add-on ... is disconnected". When I use the option "Restart Add-on" SBO tells me "Connecting Add-on", "linked to ..." and immediately the system message "Add-on ... is disconnected" appears again. Using the option "Continue working without this Add-on" and starting it manually from the Add-on Manager, works.

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks for helping

Christoph Menken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

If your add-on is set to mandatory, it is a known bug in SBO, not solved yet in patch 30.

Some mandatory addons give a time out.

workaround: set your addon to automatic and it works.

Regards,

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too am having this problem and nothing seems to fix it. Regardless of whether I set it for Automatic or not, I keep getting the "Add-on is disconnected" error.

I've narrowed it down to the line of code:

SBO_Application = SboGuiApi.GetApplication()

This seems to launch the "Add-on is disconnected" error. The funny thing is, from the program's standpoint, it isn't an error. The program continues to process as if nothing happened.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ad,

but the Problem is specially, when I use the automatic option for the AddOn. It only works, when I set it to manually and start it manually.

Regards

Christoph