cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add depreciation area to old assets (revaluation area)

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've created a new depreciation area for setting revaluation of assets. This new dep area only contains revaluation of assets (we'll only have revaluation and depreciation of this revaluation in this new area), so I've configured it to manage only revaluation values. Acquisition values are not allowed.

In OABC i've put "00" in the area where this new area takes values from, due to i don't want thhis new area to copy acquisitions values from area 01.

I've made the rest of the configuration also, to support revaluation transactions (mov 800) in this new area. But, I've got 2 problems now:

1. The new area i configured is missing when creating a new asset in AS01. However, when using AS91 the new area shows up. Any idea of why this happens that way?

2. I cannot add the new area in old assets. When using AFBN a message appears: "Depreciation area 20, which you want to create as a new depreciation area in chart of depreciation PVPE, has no depreciation area defined for value takeover. This may be be correct for normal operation, however for the purposes of creating a new depreciation in the productive system, you have to enter a depreciation area whose values are used as base values for the new area."

Message makes sense, because my new area is not copying values from any area (in tcode OABC i defined 00 as dep area source). The question is.. is there any additional tcode where i can add the new depreciation area to old assets?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

ad 1)

Pure revaluation areas are not updated on the asset when creating them via transaction AS01 but they are displayed during legacy data take over using transaction AS91.

When you create a revaluation area, it's not directly transferred from the asset class to a single asset when it is created (AS01). To get this, you must run program RAAUFW02: it will add revaluation areas to existing assets.

For this purpose, you must define a 'Revaluation Measure'. You will see this field in the report and it is a required field.

When starting RAAUFW02, you can enter the revaluation measure and select the assets. If you tick on 'Create revaluation area' the corresponding area will be added to the selected assets.

ad 2)

Error AU008 raised if you have not defined any value takeover rules for the new areas.

A new area needs "take over values"; if it does not have them then the error will occur.

regards Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the help. I used AR29 tcode and solved my problem. My revaluation is working now.

I have another doubt you might be able to solve... I had to create a derived area to sum financial + revaluation areas. So I created area 25. Now, I don't know how to add that new area to old assets. I've tried AR29 and AFBN as well, but without luck. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Eduardo

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are the following steps:

1. Create Depreciation area via OADB.

2. Activate Depreciation area via OAYZ.

3. Automatic opening of new depreciation are via AFBN and program RAFABNEW :

3.1 - Indicator: Leave values initial = not ticked.

The system will copy all the past years values from

depreciation area 01.

3.2 - Indicator: Leave values initial = ticked.

Set this indicator if you want to open the newly created

depreciation area without any values i.e. blank.

4. Recalculate depreciation via AFAR and program RAAFAR00.

Following notes for information:

430618 Procedure for setting up new depreciation area

857601 Parallel currency area and RAFABNEW

301113 Restrictions of RAFABNEW

A Documentation you can find in SE38 entering the RAFABNEW and press the button documentation.

regards Bernhard

0 Kudos

Uhmm.. i've done steps 1 and 2 already, but when using AFBN I get the following message:

Depreciation area cannot be processed

Message no. AU006

Diagnosis

Depreciation area 25 that you entered in chart of depreciation PE01 cannot be processed, as this program can only process real depreciation areas and not derived areas.

Procedure

Check your entries.

Check the definition of the depreciation area you specified.

As my new area is a derived area I was hoping that when adding my revaluation area through AR29 it will add the derived area also, but it doesn't work.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you are right.

This is a missing functionality. The report RAFABNEW handles only the new (real) areas to be added. It does not consider the derived areas which may affect these new real depreciation areas. Please see also the documentation for that report. The note 301113 lists only those known limitations.

I'm very sorry, in the standard there is not solution to create derived areas.

regards Bernhard

0 Kudos

That's bad news... anyway, I guess we'll need to do some kind of modifications to report RAFABNEW. I'll keep looking for another solution first.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

I saw your theard and my requirement is also very similar to what you have explained in here.

I want a Reval. Area ( Separate from Book Area, Not to take over values from Book Area) but when I put Acqusition Value - No values allowed in Revaluation Depreciation Area (10) customization and 00 in OABC, then it give me error "Acquisition value positive in area 10." after I post Revaluation amount using using Tcode ABAW

It would be very greatful to you if you help me in Customizing of the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos