cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Spanish Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are running ECC 6.0 on HP-UX 11i v2 and Oracle 10g in English Language.

Now we have our one plant in Mexico, so we want to use Spanish Language for the same.

Users want to convert the English Reports into Spanish language.

Please help us how can be do the same ?

Regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

To use a language in SAP, you must first import the language in the system using transaction SMLT.

Please check the following help document -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a3/30ad5296b511d384bb0060975b04f3/content.htm

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sriram

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to translate text symbols defined in report into spanish language. When user logon with spanish laguage he/she will see spanish version of texts.

Now, I have assumed that ABAPers have defined Text symbols instead of just hardcoded value. If it is hardcoded then program would need change to defined text symbols first.

Apart from text symbols there are other object which might translation for example data elements, long texts etc. You would need an ABAPer.

Regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan/Sriram,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Sriram: We have imported language package using t. code SMLT and now we can login in system using Spanish Language.

Now when we are executing report then the data is not coming in Spanish Language.

Pawan: Please help to find out the dcoments and please tell us some detail how can we do it ?

regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE63 is one stop transaction where all the translation cab be done. However sometime develer prefer to go in individual transaction for object and translate from there.

You can have look at this link to get yourself familier.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/77/5719d2492011d1894a0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Of course you won't translate everything in SAP into spanish. Personally I would logon using spanish laguage go through the process/screen/report used by users and see how it look. Some standard screen/report might already have been translated by SAP. If not prepare list what needs to be translated.

Base objects might be reports, screens, pf status, titles, smartforms, sapscripts, data element labels and documentation etc.

Regards,

Pawan.