cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Hr integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a internal server error problem in E-recruitment. For that i referred some of the document and i cam e to know that i want to synchronise the hr object types. For that i ran one report (HR_SYNC_PERSON) .I tried to synchronise the data. But its showing an hr integration is not active.

How do i want to activate the HR integration.

Regards

Vijay kumar G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

To activate HR integration you have to go to SAP E-recruiting->Technical Settings->ECC instance->

there will be a node for integration with hr where there will be a table u need to tick the checkboxes.

Regards,

Divya

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello vijay,

unfortunately the custumizing divya named only discribes about half the truth. there are some other places where uhave to make settings or adapt a table or two to get the integration running. But this is very release specific. Do you implement e-recruiting 300 or 600? The integration is changed completely between these two releases.

Furthermore additional informatiuon on your error coould help to give you the right spot to look at.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you implement e-recruiting 300 or 600?

In our case its e-recruiting 600.

Then what are the things i have to do.Is there any document do u have have for the implementation or if you find any link for this related question means please send.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

settiing up a correct and propper working integration hr and e-recruiting 600 is quite difficult. There is no complete documentation on this topic and there are some really ugly traps. The best you get to get a general overview and information on the most important steps is the attachment at note 997181.

First of all you have to do all steps described in the integration description node of SPRO for e-recruiting and the stuff described in the document mentioned above.

Then patch HRALXSYNC with every note you find - this report is needed and a usually buggy as hell.

Next you try to do a hiring and you run the report HRALXSYNC for an existing employee (hint: start hralxsync not with the employye number but with CP Id).

If you are incredibly lucky the integration should run now. But usually now the hardest part starts. After doing all the documented steps there are usually still errors or the system is just doing nothing. Now you take the debugger and check the errors thrown by HRALXSYNC one after the other.

Reason for that seems to be that many HR systems you implement/integrate e-recruiting were set up on 3.1 or 4.X and went through several upgrades to get ERP2005. In these years many things changed and if noone used components like the business partner their state is unsure. That is also the reason why you have to get all notes for HRALXSYNC to be at least a bit sure that it is a configuration and not a bug in the report.

Unfortunately so far I only dealt with 4 integrations as most customers prefere the standalone implementation. But even the 4th implementation still took me about 2 weeks to find the last bugs as we usually need 1 mor 2 HRALXSYNC fixes.

As a start possible traps:

- check the activation also in the OM

- check business partner number range configuration

- check address usage configuration

- and my favourite:check the table for geo encoding as for any reason missing entries there can leave u with totally inconsistent, unrepairable candidates - no idea why it is necessary for creating an e-recruiting candidate to have the longitude of countries

as you see good debugging and solid business partner know how can be a big help especcially if you integrate e-recruiting in a hr system running for quite a while.

Best regards

Roman Weise

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roman