Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACH File Format

Somdeb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to add a Header Record '$$ADD ID=NPIUSRF1 BID='NWFACH98000114' to the ACH File while processing DME.

I have gone through the Report Documentation which has a few User exits wherein the Header recored can be modified.

But i just need to ADD a header record to the existing one.

How do I do this ?

Regards,

Somdeb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can this addtion header record be added outside of SAP by a script when the ACH file is ready to be sent to the bank ?

Somdeb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the response. Ideally it would have been great to make a provision within SAP. However if there is no option, we might as well convince the client to do this outside SAP.

Can you please elaborate on the 'outside SAP' plan that you've mentioned in your post. I like the idea !

Regards,

Somdeb.

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prior to sending the ACH file to the bank, depdending on the OS, a script (e.g. shell script) can easily add an extra header-line to the file.

Somdeb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thank You for the prompt response. I am sorry but I may sound like a novice.

Presently my client downloads the ACH File from SAP system and adds this Header Record manually each time before sending it to the bank.

Through shell script, will the process be automated ?

Do we need an integration betw SAP and non-SAP in this case ? If yes, how can it be achieved ?

We were trying to tweak the Pgm RFFOUS_T into a Z* by hard-coding the Header Record. Is it a good idea ?

Regards,

Somdeb.

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While running DME, you've a choice of either creating a file on application server or creating a Temse (which you you would go to DME Management to download to a file) .

With having the file created in application server, you've the ability to automate (i.e. having script automatically picks the file up, add the header line, then transmit the new file to the bank).

I'm not sure it's worth it to clone RFFOUS_T just to add a simple header line (i.e. having to sync changes SAP makes to RFFOUS_T to custom program).

Somdeb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

WOW..that sounds great Ted..I will do some more R&D on this...Thank you for the wonderful idea..:)

You are absolutely correct..it is not worth it to customize RFFOUS_T to incorporate a Header Record especially when there are chances that SAP might intoduce a patch in the program in future.

Regards,

Somdeb.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look at the documentation of RFFOUS_T you will see that EXIT_RFFOEXIT_100 can be used for modifying the header. The include for this is ZXFORU23. You get REGUH and the header record in and can output your changes of the header record. The only thing that tends to trip people up is adding a second line because it can't be done here.

Somdeb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already categorically mentioned in my post that I need to ADD a Header record and NOT modify it. The User Exit mentions about modifying the Header.

Regards,

Somdeb.