cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accrual acounting entry in automatically created PO in shipment freight transfer process.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MM Folks

I am testing a process in which PO is created automatically with document type NB and account assignment category U. Two years back when I tested this same process PO was creating service entry sheet without accounting entry but now in my new job when I configured the same scenario it is creating  automatic PO and service entry sheet with accounting entry. Account entry is Freight outward Dr and GR/IR Credit. This is basically a freight service PO which is created automatically when we transfer shipment cost from VI01.

I want to know how can we create accounting entry with this automatically created PO and service entry sheet and where are the control parameters for this. What if I don't want to create entry at this time and post this freight expense at the time of MIRO? I was doing this same in my previous job but now it is behaving differently.

If you need further clarification please let me know.

Thank$

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dëv Päträ and Bijay Kumar Barik

Thank you for your responses. I think I didn't give enough information. Let me explain the process.

This is not a normal service PO with account assignment category K. This is automatically created freight service PO with account assignment category U and this U is selected automatically and we cant change it.

Steps which I am following are

1. Created Shipment Documen tin VT01N by assigning outbound delivery
  2. Created shipment cost document in VI01 and entered freight charges account assignment completed automatically
  3. Clicked on transfer check box in VI02 and posted the freight charges in FICO

When I transfered system created a freight service PO and accounting document is also created in SES. Let me paste some screens as well for better understanding.

In below screen you can see where we have control of creating this automatic freight service PO

In below screen you can see transfer check box from where we transfer freight and system creates this PO automatically.

Here is PO with account assignment category U.

In above screen you can see accounting entry created in this SES which is shown in PO History screen.

Now I hope I have explained the scenario. Two years back when I configured this same scenario system was not creating this accounting entry I had to post entry directly in MIRO but now it is creating this clearing entry. How do we control this??

Thank$

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The control point is GR Non-Valuated tick option...

If it ticked in PO and the SES-Accept, the accounting entry will not generate...

If it is not ticked in PO, it will generate accounting entry at the time of Service acceptance...

I have tested the scenario...

I hope your setting will be the same...

Please test and revert back...

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev

Yes settings are same as you have shown in your screenshot. In your testing system is creating same accounting entry right?? But the thing which is pinching me is that when I tested it some one n hald year back it was not creating accounting entry and I spent days or may be weeks in its testing. At that time I wanted to create accounting document but it was not happened and now I dont want to create accounting document and system is creating it.

The tick you have highlifhted is grayed out and I an't change it. When I create automatic PO for very first time for one day or one week or one month I cant change this tick and system creates PO, SES and accounting entry on one click in shipment cost document.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

What accounting entries you are getting now with Posting 81 and 96  are correct in case of GR in SES.

But i don't know  why it was not creating earlier:)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you once check the setting for account assignment U in t-code OME9..

But I am still confused How the SES and SES acceptance happens with account assignment category U...

Any way, Check the setting of GR Non-Valuated for account assignment U in t-code OME9 and then try again...

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev

This is OME9 screen for U and I dont know what I need to check here.

When I tested it in my previous job I posted a thread in MM forum for changing that account assignment category from U to K or some other. Check this thread and see last post of Manoj. You are MM guy and you can understand that better than me

Thank$

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here tick the option GR Non-Valuated.

Then try....

Actually when you create PO with this AAC, the option will goes to PO invoice tab.. If you check the other AAC (Like as K), the option will be ticked...

Now I understand, Your U accounting assignment category working as similar account assignment category K or other,

Now its clear to me that you can continue with this account assignment category...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note:If you tick GR non valuated in OME9 against item category U , then all the values will be non valuated posting after SES acceptance.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev and Mallinath

Thank you for guiding me. I will test this on Monday and will update you because now I am leaving for weekend and you guys also enjoy your weekend and will see you on Monday

Thank$

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit Kumar and Dëv Päträ

Thank you for your support. I just marked this GR non valuated and it worked. Now I understood the use of this control.

I am checking its account assignment in OBYC. I will get back to you if I get some confusion or close the thread in a day or two If I don't feel any need to discuss further.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to check the impact of the same, when you mark as Non-valuated.

Because after tick it there will be no accounting entries generated.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any OBYC relevance here

the posting will be

Cr  Vendor

Db account mentioned in the PO

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not entering any GL in PO. It is determined automatically in shipment cost document. I am trying to see GL in PO and interesting thing is that Account Assignment Tab is not there

I think for a PO with AAC U this tab will not be there and for others it is there. Is my understanding correct? If yes then in MIRO how does system know or determine that which account is to be debit? Accounting entry is Freight Outward Dr and Vendor Credit which is correct.

Thank$

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, my mistake

you can see what account is assigned to valuation class of GBB VBR

the valuation class is in assign shipment cost type to account assignment categorie

config steps are in Shipment cost document and Settlement

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got it that how account is determined based on 8813 valuation class and account assigned in GBB VBR.

Thank you Ajit. I have one last question and may be you can help me in it as well. In shipment cost document we determine GL and cost center automatically but in some cases cost center is not determining automatically and I have to enter it manually. What can be the reason?

Thank$

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see in OKB9 whether there is any assignment of cost center to the cost element based on profit center or valuation area. Probably it is coming from here.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is. Thank you Ajit.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What accounting entries are you expecting at the time of MIRO

At the time of MIRO Isn't it

Cr vendor

Dr GR / IR

and the Cr GR / IR happening at the time of SE sheet  / Mat doc

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit Kumar

Your accouting entries are correct and system is also creating same. What I want is that system shouldn't create accounting entry in SES and it should create accounting entry Freight outward Dr and Vendor Cr at the time of MIRO. I don't want clearing entry in this process.

Thank$

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pl check not 506605

You can change the data of the purchase order item customer-specifically

(EXIT_RV54POCR_007) via enhancement (EXIT_RV54POCR_007).

see whether making the GR non valuated with the help of this exit work.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit

I am configuring it in standard and it worked in standard when I did it one n half year back. I am sure about it that without some userexit or modification it works. Modificatoin would be last option but first I will try to check and find something in standard.

Thank$

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to OME9 , maintain GR nonvaluated indicator for  assignment category U and see whether it is working the way you want

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer a thread how to get default G/L account for a Service PO.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2063107

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, You can create PO with accounting assignment category U...

But you can't use the PO for create service entry sheet with the account assignment category U...

"U" is used when you don't know the actual account assignment category which will be used in PO...

Second, If you create PO and SES, then accounting entry will not generate... Accounting entry will generate only when you accept the service...

If you explain the process step by step, then it will be better to understand...