cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accounts assignment within overhead order settlement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all sap gurus,

Yesterday when i settled an overhead order, i met one question difficult to understand.

1, I created one overhead order, where i assigned one P&L account 5503600000 as the recerver.

2, I posted the expense to one P&L account: 7000245000, and i input the internal order: 90021 on the field Order.

3, and then, i settled this order. however, after settlement, the accounting document is posted as following:

DR: 40 5503600000

CR: 50 7000300000

the question is, i have no idea that where the account 7000300000 is assigned in the system and why it is credited here?

highly appreciated if you can give me any help.

B Regards,

Fay Shi

Mar 11th,2009

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check in the settlement profile & allocation structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, sir.

I have checked both of them. they are right, and not relevant to the assignment of account:7000300000 in posting accounting doc.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank all of you. it is you that gave me the clues to find out more.

Thanks!

Fay Shi

Mar 31,2009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fay Shi,

The Credit GL Account Number 7000300000 in your question is assigned as "Settlement Cost Element" in your Allocation Structure. This is a Primary Cost Element with "Category 22" used for "External Settlement". (Settlement of CO Objects to Objects in other than CO like GL, Fixed Asset etc).

To see this, follow the steps...

1. Go to the Internal Order in KO02/KO03, You will be able see the "Order Type" using which that Internal Order has been created.

2. Go to KOT2 transaction code, find that "Order Type", double click on that, inside - you will be able to see the "Settlement Profile".

3. Go to OKOA transaction, select the radio button for "Settlement Profile" and execute, you will be able to see the list of Settlment Profiles

4. Find your above Settlement Profile and double click, you will be able to see the "Allocation Structure" name assigned it there.

5. Press "Back" button two times to come back to OKOA main screen, select the radio button for "Allocation Structure" and execute. Select the Allocation Structure which you saw in step4 and double click on "Assignment Lines" in the left side navigation

6. Now, For each Assignment Line you see there, there will be some "Source" (Cost Element Range / Cost Element Group) and "Settlement Cost Element" assigned to it.

7. Now, you have to check, in which Assignment Line and corresponding attached Source Cost Element Group, the GL Account 5503600000 falls into.

8. Double click on the concerned "Settlement Cost Element". There you will see the Receiver Category is "G/L" and the Settlement Cost Element assigned is 7000300000

Pls check this and revert back if you still have doubt...

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, thank you very much.

I checked all steps you mentioned.

Last, i checked all "Settlement Cost Element", in our system, all "Settlement Cost Element" keep blank.

could you please give me some other instruction?

Thank you in advance.

Fay shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fay shi,

Go to KA03 and check the Cost Element Category of tha credit line item GL. It should have been 22.

Pls revert back..

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, yes, you're right.

what should i do next?

Thank you very much in advance.

here is the screen of KO88-actual settlement:Receiver Debit:

Sender ORD 90021

Receiver Debit in RMB Cost elem. STyp

G/L LC01//5503600000 10,000.00 7000300000 FUL

that is to say, the cost element 7000300000 shows as the receiver debit.

the question is still that where is the element 7000300000 assigned as the receiver debit?

Thanks a lot.

Fay shi

Edited by: fay shi on Mar 13, 2009 6:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fay,

When you create the Internal Order, in the Settlement Rule, you need to mention the Settlment Receiver. It can be G/L, Cost Center, FXA etc. In you case, for that Internal Order, in the Settlement Rule, the G/L Account 5503600000 is given as the Settlement Receiver. The other G/L Account 7000300000 is used as Settlement Cost Element (which is created for External Settlement with category 22 and assigned in the Allocation Structure). Pts will be appreciated.

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Munnaluri, thank you.

I also understand that in the Settlement Rule, the G/L Account 5503600000 is given as the Settlement Receiver, and that you said "The other G/L Account 7000300000 is used as Settlement Cost Element (which is created for External Settlement with category 22 and assigned in the Allocation Structure)".

I'm very sad and disappointed after checking the allocation structure again and again.

In the corresponding allocation structure, the G/L Account 7000300000 can be found nowhere.

And all of our "Settlement Cost Element" keep blank.

Even though i tried to assign another G/L account 700030001 to the "Settlement Cost Element" line item, the running of KO88 resulted in the same way.

thank you very much.

Fay shi

Edited by: fay shi on Mar 13, 2009 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, thank you very much.

today i did two tests, one is on R/3 4.5B, the other one is on R/3 4.7.

As for the test on R/3 4.7, the result of running ko88 is right as you said.

However as for the test on R/3 4.5B, I still cannot find where the G/L 700030000 is assigned.

Anyway, thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Fay shi

Mar 13th,2009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fay Shi,

Pls check the Master Data of that Internal Order.

In the Order Type, you can select the "Field Selection". (This field status will be applicable when you create the Internal Order master data using this Order Type). In the fields, there is "Settlement Cost Element" also.

Pls check that Internal Order Master Data -- in "Period-End Closing" Tab, there is field available to enter the Settlement Cost Element. Probably this settlement cost element 700030000 is given in this tab. So, automatically system is taking this GL even there is no Settlement Cost Element assigned in the Allocation Structure.

Pls check and revert back. If my guess is correct, you have to assign full marks.......

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, sir.

i tried to make the field "Settlement Cost Element" required and highlighted in the field selection of order type. i failed. this field is invisible on tab page "Prd-end closing" yet.

Best Regards.

Fay shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible that there is some specific substitution running for this settlement?

need your help.

Thank you very much!