cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination for Account Payables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined my own chart of accounts and configured for purchase transactions. I have done settings on my own only.

I am able to post GRN to the correct accounts with (BSX & WRX).

When i try to post Incoming invoice it is not posting the amount to the supplier rather issuing a message (Account determination for entry Company code DIF not possible).

As i assign the price difference account in DIF the amount is posting to this account rather to the supplier reconciliation account.

Kindly let me know the solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member564225
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have defined my own chart of accounts and configured for purchase transactions. I have done settings on my own only.

> I am able to post GRN to the correct accounts with (BSX & WRX).

> When i try to post Incoming invoice it is not posting the amount to the supplier rather issuing a message (Account determination for entry Company code DIF not possible).

> As i assign the price difference account in DIF the amount is posting to this account rather to the supplier reconciliation account.

Hi,

You should let the FI person to do the FI jobs. You might miss many things while dealing with the CoA starting from the type of the g/l acc. In your case it could be that the Recon acc which you are using might not be a P/L type or there could be possible mistakes in control data or field status group might not be properly set etc...hence MIRO is not able to determine the proper g/l acc to post. Kindly have a chk with your FI consultant to resolve.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Being an FI training consultant i need to know the settings, and i am sure i have followed and made a very simple settings from Company code - chart of accounts - purchasing etc. I maintain it with Moving average price only. Only when i try to post the incoming invoice i am stuck. Any support in this issue i would be grateful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With the transaction code OBXJ applicable for incoming invoices (Group EGR - Incoming INvoices), Here vendor item in incoming invoices transaction key EGK the account determination is inactive. Could this be the reason?

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check you have created Vendor code at company code level by t-code xk01,not mk01

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Edited by: kailasugale on Oct 19, 2011 1:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is created with reconciliation account with company code segment also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are maintaining standard cost, the material will be valuated at the standard price maintained and the difference between actual cost and the std price goes to price difference account. pl check whether thts the case...

Kuber