cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment in Hierarchical Structure

0 Kudos

Dear All,

When we do the cost center assignment on the highest level, the objects which belong to that highest level inherits the same cost center.

What's the other way to assign different cost center at the lowest level.

Regards,

-Tina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Follow up required

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to default cost-center assignment, the only way to do so would be to inherit from a higher object. You can always overwrite the default value, though.

0 Kudos

hi,

I don't want to default the value.

When we create a head Org unit and assign cost center to it, then the sub units inherits the same cost center.

My question is how to assign different cost center to the org unit along with that Master cost center. And one more question how to assign 2 different cost centers to 1 position.

Regards,

-Tina

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can assign cost centers to org unit or position.....goto PPOM_OLD enter your org unit and click on staff assignments ...select your org unit or position which you want to assign ...select 'GOTO'from toolbar ....select account assignment ...select org unit or position click on Cost distribution....here based on percent you can assign cost centers...

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question to ask would be -- what is the logic on the basis of which I want the second cost center defined for this org unit (instead of a third, fourth or fifth cost center). It would be very difficult to replicate this logic into SAP OM. Therefore, all cost center assignments not inherited from the object above must be entered manually.

Assigning two cost centers to one position can be done through IT 1018 (cost distribution), where you can define what percentage of cost is to be allocated to which cost center.

Edited by: joker_of_the_deck on Oct 12, 2010 2:53 PM