cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to historical appraisal documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in the realization phase in a project delivering a solution for Employee Performance Management (utilizing the new Objective Setting and Appraisal functionality - release ERP 2004).

A question has been raised on how to handle historical appraisal documents when changing employee ID´s (e.g. when you leave your home country on long-term expatriate assignments). The initial thought would be that - No, if you receive a new ee id you cannot reach historical documents. Has anyone encountered this situation and come up with any type of solution, i.e. how can you "bring along"/get access to historical appraisal documents when given a new (additional) employee id?

Grateful for your thoughts!!!

BR // Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an error in the code I posted above.

I used the parameter item.externalObjectID when it should be item.externalObjectId so it returned null. We also added an X to the end of the string to set the mode to allow changes to the form.

Thanks to Jacob Crane of IBM for pointing this out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

With apologies, I don't relly have an answer for you other than to suggest that you look to documentation on Management of Global Employees (MGE) or Concurrent Employment to understand how objects are handled for employees who get multiple PERNRs. It is based on use of the Central Person (CP) object.

I have a question for you. Are you having employees access Performance Management Workflow activities through the Universal Worklist in the Portal? If so, are they launching the workflow tasks in a WebGui or are they using portal based workflow tasks?

If they are using portal based workflow tasks what was required in terms of UWL task list configuration?

Thanks and best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

You can setup the templates to use CP instead of P. This way you can keep your history. I would configure the further particpants to be automatically filled with the current P of this CP for information purposes only.

You can then report on both the P as well as the CP.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, I am facing a similar situation with wf and appraisal documents. Did you configure an action to launch the uwl appraisal task into a bsp? If so which launch handler did you use and which parameters? How would you get the dynamic document id into the url?

Thanks, Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brad,

See the attached sample XML. Also, I had to create an iview based in the bsp page HAP_DOCUMENT/document_port_wf.htm

John.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN'

'uwl_configuration.dtd' [ ]>

<UWLConfiguration>

<ItemTypes>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS90100048" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="optimistic">

<ItemTypeCriteria connector="WebFlowConnector" externalType="TS90100048" />

<Actions>

<Action name="launchSAPAction" handler="SAPAppLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="SAPIntegrator" value="pcd:portal_content/com.XYZCorporation.XYZCorporation_Company_US/fd.us.XYZCorporation.xss/fd.us.XYZCorporation.xss.mss/fd.us.XYZCorporation.xss.mss.iviews/iv.us.XYZCorporation.xss.mss.openappraisalfromwf

" />

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="ID=${item.externalObjectID}" />

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="" />

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

</ItemTypes>

</UWLConfiguration>

Message was edited by: John Macy