about the unplanning depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

i met a requirement for unplanning dereciation

for example

Asset A orginal value 6000,scrap value 0,useful life 4 period

thus the plan depreciation for this 4 period is 1500 1500 1500 1500

when they do the unplanning 2500 for 1st period ,they can see the plan depreciation in 2nd period is also 1500 ,and in 3rd period is 500

but my client want to see the result is the plan depreciation in 2nd period is 1000 ,in 3rd period is also 1000

how can i set the depreciation key to realization it

now my customization in base value in multi level method is 24 and select the rem life

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I understood you correctly, the unplanned depreciation influence the base value of the current year?

As per note 50761: "Unplanned depreciation does not influence the depreciation calculated by

the system in the current year. It only affects the calculations of the following years."

Do you use a special period control for unplanned depreciation?

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we do not use special period control ,can you tell me something detail about special period control

when i do the testing in my IDES ,after i run the ABAA and use AS03 see the asset value ,it generate a warning message ,,it said that because the depreiaiton term had changed ,you must run the AFAR recalculate the depreciation ,after i run the AFAR ,the plan depreciation in future period include current year had been changed ,i see the customization in dep key ,i did not find some special ,but in my customer system ,i can not realize this

do you know where to control this

thanks again

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me repeat your question:

You hae the following depreciation:

Planned depreciation

Period 1:......................................................................1500

Period 2:......................................................................1500

Period 3:......................................................................1500

Period 4:......................................................................1500

Then you make a unplanned defecation and this unplanned depreciation should influence the

basevalue and therefore the depreciation.

Unplanned depreciation Planned depreciation

Period 1:.............2500.................................................1500

Period 2:......................................................................1000

Period 3:......................................................................1000

Period 4:........................................................................500

As per note 50761 this is normally not possible because: "Unplanned depreciation does not influence the depreciation calculated by the system in the current year. It only affects the calculations of the following years."

But in the new depreciation calculation we have a period control for unplanned depreciation. You can thee this period control in the depreciation key beside the other period controls. With this period control you can determine also exact the date (during the year) when unplanned depreciation should influence the depreciation calculated by the system in the current year.

Regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for your quick reply

how can i attach a picture here

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

Where is this new feature available?? In EhP4? After activation of EA-FIN?

I think I have worked on all of these, but I could never find the new period control option in Dep Key

br, Ajay M

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

nice to talk with you.

Once the new engine is active there is a field where you will able to set period control for unplanned depreciation.

IMG -> Asset Accounting -> Depreciation -> Valuation Methods -> Depreciation Key -> Calculation Methods -> Maintain Period Control Methods.

You have the possibility to use a different period control for unplanned depreciation e.g. next month (11). The pre-condition is that the transaction tpye is using transaction type group "A4". (Note 1138166 contains additional information).

I wish you all a very happy and blessed Easter!

best regards Bernhard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I completely agree with Bernhard....

With your need, you should use a write up instead of Unplanned depreciation

br, Ajay M