cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the template BOM problem of SAP B/1 2005B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background

Our Client is a trader of electric machine. In selling a machine, there are many standard accessories and option accessories about that machine need to be loaded to the quotation (The relation between machine and accessories is many to many).

So I suggested client to use template BOM to simulate their business process, but the following problem occur.

For Example

Machine A

Ø Part A

Ø Part B

Ø Part C

Machine B

Ø Part B

Ø Part D

Ø Part E

Machine C

Ø Machine A

Ø Part F

Ø Machine B

When I issue a quotation of Machine C, SAP B/1 will be loaded the items in this way.

Machine C

Part A

Part B x 2

Part C

Part D

Part E

Client Expectation

Machine C

Machine A

Part A

Part B

Part C

Machine B

Part B

Part D

Part E

Two problems in above presentation

1) Item Machine A and Machine B is missed in the quotation.

2) For Part B, SAP B/1 consolidates the quantity.

Please advice whether there is an solution about this case?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elsa.

Try this one. Make a Sales BOM for all standard accessories and Template BOM for item with optional accessories. Wherein Template BOM you can manipulate the accessories under it.

Des

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information, but if we set the some parts under a sales BOM, is it meaning that those parts are not inventory item and purchase item?

As my customer business work flow is that, they need to buy those things from the vendor and keep it in the inventory, no matter it's standard accessories or optional accessories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elsa.

Of course an item under Sales BOM is still inventoriable. Sales BOM only represent a finished product assembled at the sales stage, that is, the finished product is composed of its component items only when the parent product is actually sold. The component items are stored and tracked individually in the warehouse.

In Sales BOM, you do not manage the parent product as an inventory item, but rather as a sales item. The components can also be sales and inventory items in their own right. When you create the delivery to dispatch the customer order, the components are backflush issued from stock.

Use a Sales BOM where there is a fixed combination of components and the customer needs confirmation of each item. The component items cannot be altered or removed from a sales order. Other items cannot be inserted between the parent and component items in the sales order. However, the quantities of the component items can be modified.

For Template BOM it is a bundle of items, where the parent product is the first item on the list. It does not act as a BOM once it is added to the sales document, but rather as a list of items brought together at the same time. You can update the quantity of those items, swap items, or delete them in the BOM or the sales order. The components appear below the parent as a list of items in a sales document. You can use the Template BOM when you require flexibility in selecting components for a product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elsa.

You can also try it in your test database, make a sales BOM then check the inventory status of its component items before and after you transact it. It is good way to know your answer. : )

Des

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Des,

Thanks for your information, during my testing, I found out that once the template BOM has multi-level

For Example.

Product A

- Product B

- Part A

When items load into the sales quotation, the proudct B will be missed.

Please Advice.

Edited by: Rui Pereira on May 1, 2009 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elsa.

Can you identify which BOM has standard and optional accessories? Thanks.

Des

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

PLEASE check the given solution

Mark the BOM as the sale BOM , ( please note a sale BOM cannot be a inventory or purchase item (machine A.B or C ) it give you option to hide or to show child items or parts in sale document

please let me know if it works

I will help you if it does not work .

Avtar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your information. But for the part A , B , etc. They need to be an inventory item and purchase item.

Thanks for your help.