cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to link the STO to the sales order & goods deliver directly or send to us first

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if a standard SAP STO (cross company STO) can be link to a sales order in the SAP system.

Unlike third party order or third party dropshipment, we have a scenario in which when a sales order is created, and the goods has to be get it and source it from another sister company (belong to other company code).

Next, the goods can either deliver to the customer from our sister company OR the goods can deliver to our premises and we send to the customer.

May I know if this is possible?

If yes, what is the system configuration, master data setup, as well as pricing?

thanks

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tuff,

STOs are normally linked to a specific Sales order item automatically in an MTO environment.  The sales order requirement is against Sales order stock; and the STO Requirements and the STO output can be configured to be against Sales Order Stock.

Sales Order Stock - Managing Special Stocks (MM-IM) - SAP Library

To ship directly from the alternate plant, move the sales order item to the other plant.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy

I am not quite sure your comment, but my question is about ..the following..,

Unlike third party order or third party dropshipment, we have a scenario in which when a sales order is created, and the goods has to be get it and source it from another sister company (belong to other company code), instead of getting it from an external vendor.

Next, the goods can either deliver to the customer from our sister company OR the goods can deliver to our premises from our sister company and we send to the customer.

Hence the process are like this.

1 - Sales Order  ==> PR ==> PO ==> The goods source from sister company (not third party vendor)

2 - i Sister company either send the goods to the customer, Or

2 - ii Sister company send the goods to our warehouse, and we send to the customer

Possible?

Regards,

Tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tuff,

Yes, understood.  That was the question that I answered.

1.  Use MTO strategy.in both plants

2.  Use standard STO configuration for MTO

If the decision is made to ship the article from the alternate plant, just change the plant in the Sales order, and cancel all the STO docs.

Best Regards,

DB49

patrick_farrelly
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)