Did you mean: 

A/C entries in MIRO deviating from standard A/C entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

When we post GR (for service) we get entry

Exp A/C Dr      10000

To GR/IR A/C          10000

When we post MIRO we get entry (partial invoice)

GR/IR A/C Dr.     1000

To Vendor A/C Cr.      1000

But I got scenario where system post following entry in MIRO (partial invoice)

GR/IR A/C Dr.     10000 (though invoice is partial, complete GR/IR A/C is cleared???)

To Vendor A/C Cr.        1000

To Exp A/C                  9000  (here I am not understanding how system determined Exp A/C)

For next Invoice (again partial invoice)

Exp A/C Dr.         4500  (here I not understanding how system determined Exp A/C instead of GR/IR A/C)

To Vendor A/C Cr        4500

For next Invoice

Exp A/C Dr.         4500  (here I not understanding how system determined Exp A/C instead of GR/IR A/C)

To Vendor A/C Cr        4500

If I reverse any of the document then system wont post reversal entry to Exp A/C again, instead it post standard entry

Vendor A/C Dr   1000

To GR/IR A/C  Cr.  1000

I want to know is there any standard settings for this & what could be the requirement for this!!!!

I am not able to find in SCN thread, if any one has any idea about this then please reply.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Subhash P.

former_member688742
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did u get the solution?

I am facing the same issue.While reversing the duplicate invoice it is crediting GR/IR instead of expense....

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I found something on this behavior of system. In MIRO at item level there is one check box called

GR/IR clearing. This check box control the A/C entry. See the detailed explanation given by SAP in F1 help for same.

Clearing Indicator for GR/IR Posting for External Services

Controls postings to the GR/IR account when you enter invoices for external service purchase orders for which no service-based invoice verification is planned.

Use

The system proposes the GR/IR clearing indicator already selected when you enter invoices.

• If the GR/IR clearing indicator is selected, the GR/IR clearing account is completely balanced when you post the invoice, even if you only post a partial invoice.
  • If you post partial invoices, and do not want the GR/IR clearing account to be completely balanced, you must deselect the GR/IR clearing indicator.

Dependencies

If you enter invoices against purchase orders that are not external service purchase orders, or that are for external service orders for which no service-based invoice verification is planned, then the system does not display the GR/IR clearing indicator in the item list.

If you set the final invoice indicator when you enter an invoice for an external service purchase order without service-based invoice verification, the system automatically sets the GR/IR clearing indicator. This means, that the commitment is reduced and the GR/IR clearing account is completely cleared for the purchase order item affected.

Regards

Subhash P.