cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70,000+ records in OAIB table... with UserSign "-1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

My customer is experiencing slow logon times and I traced it down to large OAIB and OALR tables with more than 70,000 records. The strange thing is that 99% of the messages have a UserSign of "-1" in OAIB and thus I can't ask any specific user to delete those messages. This has happened before and I have users pretty well trained in deleting old messages from their inbox, but I'm not sure what the messages sent to user "-1" mean, why they are there and whether they could be safely deleted...

Thanks for any insight...

Joerg.

This is the query showing the number of messages:

SELECT
	COUNT(T0.usersign),
	T0.userSign,
	T1.u_name
FROM
	OAIB T0
	LEFT JOIN OUSR T1 ON T0.usersign = T1.Internal_K
GROUP BY
	T0.usersign,
	T1.u_name 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Something is wrong with your database. You need to test if the current alert assign user code or not. If it is normal now, I would guess some one may changed something manually before you. Or possibly created by certain add-on.

Hope this is the only table you have trouble. You may need ask your partner to run some scripts.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the origin of the messages and all of them were created by one specific system alert based one a user-defined query which was sent internally to two different users. The alert was disabled in March 2010 and apparently has not added any new messages since. The "save history" option is not activated,and I don't think it has been...

Joerg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked all your alerts' settings?