Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401k eligibility based on number of hours

former_member5332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to benefits. we have a requirement like, Part time employees should work 1000 hours to meet the 401k eligibility. Can anyone let me know, how to setup this based on hours for 401k eligibility. I also have a question about maintaining constants in T511P and T511K for 401k limits. I knew SAP updates the annual limits in table T511P. But, i would like to know why there is a need to do custom constants in table t511p and t511k and what is the difference between these two tables. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards,

Fred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarah_debza
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

To add to what Kumarpal said, for the elligiblity you can set up your requirement at eligibility rule level (table V_T5UBV)

There you can enter the minimum working hours required.

You can find this on the IMG

Personnel managment>Benefit>Flexible adminsitration>Programs>Employee elligibility-->define employee eligibility rule.

Hope this help

Sarah

former_member5332
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fred,

Can you let us know the solution you arrived at....??

Kumarpal Jain.

PS: Mark this question as answered if you are satisfied with the solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Answering the Queries one-by-one...

T511K

T511P

K = Payroll contants

P = International payroll contants.

All the payroll constants that represent currency amounts stored in table T511P. This table allows you to store larger amounts (up to 15 digits, including decimals places).

To sum up, P has a currency and K doesn't.

About the First Question, Part time employees should work 1000 hours to meet the 401k eligibility....

Haven't worked on this.. but i guess this could be done this way...

1. Go to Define Savings Plan General Data...Select your Plan 401K and then apart from other fields, maintain the field Cal. Type Serv. Calc.

2. And then maintain values in the Retirement Plan Service Node under Savings Plan Node.

Am not quite sure on this....

Good Luck...

Kumarpal Jain.