cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 What's New - Mass Processing of Assets (Create, Change, Transfer) availability? #COE #MODPIZZA

former_member95896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

So in reading thru 2011 release What's New documentation we were pretty excited to read that SAP was adding the long awaited apps into S/4Hana Cloud to make mass changes to fixed asset master data in this release. https://help.sap.com/doc/bf7675d17e574ea98efe979dfc02256d/1/en-US/77c2ae99b4544cb6969868578ef1b462.h...

What I found in Quality is that this falls under a new scope item that is considered non-standard and requires an additional license.

Why isn't this functionality standard considering it would be very useful to any customer that would even have a modest amount of fixed assets? What will it take to even gain access to it?

Thanks,

Ryan 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rende
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

This functionality is restricted to JVA scope and can only be used with Oil and Gas license.

Currently there's is no plan to include this in the standard solution for Asset Accounting.

Yes, the assignment needed to be linked to the Industry specific area.

We apologize for any inconveniences.

Best Regards,

S. Rende

Finance & Risk Product Management

SAP SE

former_member95896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. My users and I are disappointed to hear that SAP is choosing to make the user experience and functionality of the S/4HANA Cloud service better for only a small subset of users and not taking the opportunity to make it better for the broader base. We're back to the drawing board on how to efficiently make hundreds of changes to assets based on legislative changes.

Regards,

Ryan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BobShen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

API can be used for mass creation, see link below

https://api.sap.com/search?searchterm=asset&tab=all

former_member95896
Active Contributor

Hi Bob,

As alluded to in my comment to David I'm aware that customers could pay thousands of dollars out of pocket for a custom solution developed using API's. Custom development raises the Total Cost of Ownership of S/4HC, and frankly is money a lot of customers don't have right now.

Not sure why SAP decided this functionality would be helpful and unlock efficiencies for only Joint Venture Accounting or Oil and Gas, anyone care to expound on that? Is this in product functionality going to be in a future release for everyone using S/4HC? Spending on a custom solution to have it available in the next release or two is less than ideal as well.

If nothing else this clearly points to a gap in the What's New Viewer and documentation surrounding the release where the details of the industry or who this new app capability is available for matters.

I have frustrated asset accountants that have been waiting for this to come for over a year (mass capability is ubiquitous in fixed asset solutions available on the market).

Regards,

Ryan

David_Byrne
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

In the best practice explorers outlines that the reason for the exclusion is that the new scope item is associated with Joint Venture Accounting (Scope Item 3F7).

It also states that only customers using JVA have access to the mass process app so I assume is linked to licensing of this functionality.

David

former_member95896
Active Contributor

Hi David,

What I find confusing is that the What's New documentation of the release (both the Viewer and the link previously shared) shows that it is limited for the US, but not any of those limitations/exclusions.

It is very frustrating to have our users read that this long awaited functionality is coming in the release in the SAP release docs (and that we won't have to pay thousands of dollars in out of pocket for custom development), only to have the release be deployed and the functionality actually only available to a narrow section of the s/4hana cloud customer base.

Ryan