cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-to-n production process in B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I am working on an implementation which involves a production facility. The problem is, that in this case, instead of a n-to-1 production, where several components make up 1 end product, I have a 1-to-n production, where one basic product (wheat) is transformed into several sub products (flour, semolina, integral flour, and other by-products). I tried a "disassembly" production order in B1, but it doesn't affect the corresponding inventory accounts, but instead the WIP Variance account.

Is there any way to do what I try to achieve without using a sophisticated add-on? If not, are there any you could recommend for this purpose?

Thanks,

Joerg.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers and suggestions. I will try a few different methods and post back how I decided in the end.

Thanks again,

Joerg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If it is 1-to-n production process. You need n pieces of BOMs to reflect the actual production process.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon. Could you be a bit more specific? Do you mean I should create several production orders with different end products? As in:

0.5lb wheat --> production --> 0.5lb flour

0.2lb wheat --> production --> 0.2lb semolina

0.3lb wheat --> production --> 0.3lb by-product

The problem with this is, that proportional costs are applied to each end product, meaning that 1lb of flour has the same value as 1lb of by-product, which of course is not true. I thought of varying the input amount according to the relative value of the output, but this would have to be done manually for each production order (times 3 if we produce three outputs), and thus would be very difficult to handle.

Or maybe I got you wrong...?

Joerg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on this example, you may check those threads to get some other ideas:

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To properly manage a 1 to n production you could not use the production order because it is planned for a n to 1 production. Inside SBO you should yourself elaborate a method to do this. You could use e.g. connected goods issue and goods receipt transactions for this:

1. Goods issue transaction to manage issuing the raw material

2. Goods receipt transaction to manage receiving the products.

3. To manage the cost of the production, you should compute the prices in the goods receipt transaction using the item cost of the goods issue (dividing it by an appropriate algorithm).

4. To manage the manufacturing costs (labor cost and others) I would define them as inventory items and insert them into the goods issue transaction.

5. These things can be managed by some UDF and FS-s, the base data of the calculation can be stored in a BOM.

6. But you could not use the MRP for such a production process.