Please find the below FAQ's on the topic Expense Report Approvals.
1. Does Multi-Step Approval Supported? No.
2. System Allowing to Define Multi-Step Approval in the Application and User Management > Approval Process?
Even though system doesn’t show any error while adding multiple row and define conditions to your Approval Process, the conditions you defined will not work if it is Multi-Step.
3. What is the ideal step/condition in the Approval Process to be set? Use > Default approval process for Expense Report Step should be only one. The work distribution is Approver of highest costs or Line Manager of Employee. The condition has to be Expense Report Approval Configuration Equal to Yes.
4. Can an Admin person change an approver in a T&E report without changing the Org. Mgt / Org Structure chart?
The approver controls the task, so he/she can forward it to another approver or he/she can define a substitute, this is standard Business Task Management technology. In addition, the expense reporter or the auditor can edit the expense report again, which leads to a withdraw from approval.
5. Is there a way for an approver to set a Vacation rule if they will be off work for a week?
Application & User Management ( Task Substitution ) is the setting.
6. How to enable self-approval for Expense Reports for Approver’s?
Fine-tune activity: Business Task Management for Expense and Reimbursement Management > Edit self-approval and self-audit settings
7. An approver of an Org Structure cannot approve their own Expense Report is set by removing the flag as per above Question: 6, so they need to have an Approver manually assigned to them, is there a way to set up an Approver for automatic determination?
Refer to Case Document: 1944022 - Change Default Approver Determination For Expense Reports.
8. Expense reports are still being self-approved and the ER is not going to manager’s manager for approval ?
-> Org Management > Org Structure > searched for Organizational Structure: ABC CORP > timelines Organizational Unit Manager: Mr. X (Employee) ( check the validity either it may not be valid for the expense report dates )
-> For the Org Unit that you are submitting an expense report, you need to make sure the above hierarchy Org Unit has a Reporting Line Unit enabled (RLU) marked which is also valid for the date you are submitting an expense report then the manager for the RLU will be picked as a the approver if it is valid.
Please reply/comment if there is any other specific question for which you are seeking an answer to or any clarification needed on the above Q&A.