Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Participant
I'm working on an ECC 6.0 conversion project for the S/4 1709 and one user realized that the field material (MATR) was no longer available within transaction FAGLL03. The field was neither optional.

After a search in SAP-Notes and with the help of other consultants we find the note 2497325 - Display of material numbers not possible in G / L account line item display, in which it appeared to be the solution of the problem. But for our surprise the note was already applied.

The NOTE is 100% manual and the instruction is very simple. It says to insert the MATNR field in the FAGLPOSE_CORE structure and after activating the structure and the problem would be solved. See the figure below:


But as written here, the MATNR field was already in the structure.

So I started to think, what could be happening. Well, before starting a huge and tiring debug in a standard program, I decide to think more about the issue.

It was at this moment that I remembered two possible enhancements that could be impacting the standard report. I'm talking about:

  1. BTE 1650 (Business Transaction Event);

  2. Special Fields (OBVU);

So, thinking about the BTE case first, I checked the FIBF transaction if the event was enabled. Just to increase the mystery It was not. I practically discarded this enhancement. Anyway I decided to follow the guidelines of an old manual that I have, and in this manual says that I should run the RFPOSXEXTEND report to regenerate the structures and then the BAVLBUFDEL report. Even after these steps the problem in the transaction was not fixed.

Thinking a little further I figured I was on the wrong track as the BTE 1650, because BTE 1650 was for the old transaction, I'm talking about the FBL3n transaction. I just wasted my time ...

I started the analysis on the OBVU transaction and "bingo". There were two fields, the MATNR and the WERKS field. See the figure below:


I selected the two fields and deleted. As this transaction is of the type customization S/4 requested a change request. I created a new change to save the modification.

Then I called the transaction FAGLB03 again and it started to compile (my hope started to come back). After compiled I opened the options to change the layout and "voilà" the MATNR field was back.

I hope this blog reaches people with the same issue and they do not waste as much time as I do, because if the SAP note had alerted to the problem I had not wasted so much time.