cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Item delivery to IC Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We are using CRM 7 IC webclient. In the planned setup of this public sector organisation estimated of 5000 correspondences are received every day. These are segregated by received email address and PO box. A work item is created for each of the correspondence and sent to agent inbox.

What is the best way to deliver this high volume of correspondence to the inbox. There is a possibility that one team may receive most of the mail, what is the best way to tackle this screnario? What is the maximum number of work items that can be sent to inbox without impacting the performance.

Your insights will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you manage to have a succesfull implementation with good performance you will be master with this high volume of correspondence. We have seen huge performance problems (CRM 5.0) with less than 5000 e-mails/activities per month.

The default SAP setting for inbox results is limited to 100 or 200 items. Offcourse this can manually be increased in customizing. But I think it will give you an example on the amount SAP is expecting as a maximum to work with.

I would consider to contact the SAP accountmanager and have a chat for this high volume daily amounts. If he thinks it's possible, you can always blame him

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand this will be a challenge, Will appreciate if you can share your experience, and strategys to optimise the delivery and performance.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, my previous message is my experience. I don't think it will be possible to receive around 5000 messages per day in 1 IC inbox.

Second, it will be very time consuming to create an activity for each work item, assuming the IC agents have to read the e-mail and create the activity manually.

If you receive 5000 e-mails a day you could think about splitting those messages in several groups where every group has his own inbox.

Have you thought about some self-service option, where people can create an activity by filling in a form on the intranet/internet/portal instead of sending an e-mail?

Lots of OSS notes and messages to SAP and switching from Windows/SQL to Unix/??DB?? did some performance improvements.

How big is the team that will process all messages?

Try to get some experts on this and have a brainstorm session or someting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Remco,

I agree having 5000 work items in one inbox will impair performance. Plan is to have 15 teams so they will go to different boxes based on the PO box or Email address they were sent. Basically each email address/ PO Box is mapped to a team. There will be few hundred agents doing this activity.

My concern is that one email address may get 2500 emails and they will all go to the same team inbox. Is there a way of dealing with this scenario. The surge in volume of work items may be seasonal.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using those multiple boxes for the different email addresses is a good option.

However i can't give you a good solution at this point if one team inbox will receive 2500 emails.

You could try to test this on a demo system to see the impact on performance. However this will only be the search option with probably 1 user. Can't imagine what the performance impact will be when 15 teams will work at the same time.

Still, I think you should contact an SAP account manager. I really wonder what he will say about this daily amount.

(I'll go on a holiday now, can't reply back anymore)