cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the function profile name for heartbeat profile in businee role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I try to use the watch dog option of heartbeat profile (SPRO\CRM\Basic Function\CMS Integration\Define heartbeat profile) to monitor the dis-connection between SAP and CTI in CRM7 EHP1. However, I could not find the function profile in the business role to assign this heartbeat profile.

Does anyone know the function profile name for this heartbeat profile? Also has anyone used the watch dog option of heartbeat profile? If so, could you share the time intervels values you set in the profile?

Hi Guys,

I found OSS note 1584389 and 1309002 for this topic. So the function profile is ICI_HEARTBEAT.

Has anyone used the watch dog option of heartbeat profile? If so, could you share the time intervels values you set in the profile?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by: Zhijie Kong on Jan 10, 2012 10:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant see any of these setting in SPRO. we are having CRM release 600 level 5. How to implement this note 1309002 without Importing Support Packages SAPKU60006?

Babu

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm glad that you found the function profile ICI_HEARTBEAT. I think the SAP suggested value is 120 seconds for the watchdog. But really I would say it depends on the type of call center / service center you are running. Maybe others can chime in with their experiences.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Our call center have couple sites and over 500 agents in the day time. Hopefully someone could share some experience about this.

Thanks,

ZJKONG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

What's this 120 seconds for? The watch log interval or the tolerence lag?

In the OSS note 1309002, it suggested the ping interval is 30 -- 50 seconds.

Our call center have over 500 agents in the day time. Could you help to suggest the values for the watchdog interval and tolerance lag?

Thanks in advance!

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked with some colleagues who are experts in this area and I got the following reply:

"Anything between 10-120 seconds makes sense, depending on the call frequency. The higher the call rate the shorter the interval should be. Shorter values than 10 could have performance impacts but this depends on the number of users, bandwidth, etc.. 30 seconds are a good recommendation to start with."

Here are the sample settings:

Heartbeat profile: DEFAULT

Heartbeat lag: 60 (maximum ping delay you want to allow between the last browser ping and the current incoming CMS event)

Heartbeat and watchdog lag: 120 (maximum ping delay you want to allow between the last browser ping and the current watchdog wake up time)

Browser ping interval: 30 (time interval between the pings from the Web browser session to the communication session to check for the availability of the browser session.)

Watchdog session sleep time: 32 (time interval at which you want the watchdog to come out of its dormant state to check the timestamps of the browser pings and/or the CMS pings in the shared memory.)

CMS ping interval: blank (Enter the time between the two pings to the CMS session to check for the CMS availability.

)

WDgEnabled: checked (Activates the watchdog function. This is optional for checking the availability of the browser and mandatory for checking the availability of the CMS. If you do not select this checkbox, the CMS-event-triggered timestamp comparison (heartbeat without watchdog) is used by default.)

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Really appreciate your time and help on this!

According to SAP help, I will maintain below 3 values with watchdog option (check the watchdog enable box):

1. ping interval -- 30 sec

2. watchdog interval -- 32 sec

3. watchdog lag tolerance -- 120 sec

I do not see "CMS ping interval" in the heartbeat config. I do found that there is an OSS note 1564979 which enables the CMS heartbeat checking. There is "CMS ping interval" in this note. I think you are referring this, right?

Thanks,

Norman

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

Yes. See general note 1640673 on CMS load balancing. See note 1595224 on additional field to be filled by CMS to use the Watch dog in combination with Load Balancing (note: if no CMS Host ID is provided by CMS no pings will be send to the CMS).

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the 2 notes! It seems 1595224 is still an internal note. I could not display it. Do you know when it will be released to all the customers?

Thanks,

Norman

0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

You are right. The mentioned note is yet ot be released.

Regards

Leon

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I checked with the SAP developers and they have now finalized and released the note!

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I still could not see this note in service.sap.com. Below is the message after searching:

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

Could you help to check it with development team again?

Thanks,

ZJKong