Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versioning of IPC user exits.....pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am working on crm 2007.

We know that VMC will take care of pricing user exits once we develop jar files and upload it into VMC.

But what i know is i followed the pricing user exits manual and it has independent ecllipse to just create jar with all changes and new user exits....

But our team has 2 more developers who works on this user exits in CRM, and they are coming with a concept of NWDI.

I dont know how to do this, but can u tell me how can we get the versioning of IPC user exits and maintain it?

how do we use NWDI for this IPC user exits classes??

can someone make me understand pls....

thanks a ton,

Niraja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDI questions are more for basis/ netweaver experts but in general in allows your developers to check in and check out components, basically allows our developer to develope locally on his laptop (requires setup of his latop) then he can check in his work back into NWDI. Is the recommended approach for ISA development. Not quite sure what you mean by versioning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glen,

seems you did not understood my question.

For example, when we work for Ecommerce ISA app, we use NWDI and DTR for versioning . Meaning when i change a java class and migrate it to next landscape. And again when i change it it will create a new version.

Same as Transport request we create to ABAP objects.

So how to acheive this versioning of java classes of IPC user exits in CRM??

hopefully this shud be clear now.

kindly reply pls,

niraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will create a simple DC based development track if you want to use NWDI. If you have any other version control (source repository), I would suggest that. If your developers are well versed in creating new DC based application, then, NWDI is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easwar,

Could you pls tell me the steps on what exactly and how to achieve this.

I am pretty much new to this, but could you pls give me more info on this,

what exactly i need to get from Basis?

How to create a simple DC which u were telling?

thanks a ton,

Niraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask someone with Java development / NWDI experience to see this link.

[Migrating Java Projects to the NWDI|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/c8204dd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

not solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think,

You choose the NWDI environment if it is that much essential

otherwise the best option for userexit development is eclipse.

If you want to use the NWDI environment search the SDN there are lot of documents available in SDN.

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor