cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Actions to make an RFC call to an R/3 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to use actions in CRM to make an RFC call to R/3 to call an R/3 transaction. We looked at the methods available in the 'Actions' funtionality and there isn't one which enables you to perform this task.

Has anyone ever tried performing this action in CRM? If so any chance you could guide me in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

You can achieve this using Action Box in CIC0 transaction. You will have to create a Action Box profile specifying the order of display of Menus and dropdown lists.

You can pull the transactions from R/3 in CRM by means of a method of the Business Object(BOR) which needs to be created on R/3. In the source code of the method you can call the required transaction of R/3, just by means of a CALL TRANSACTION statement of ABAP.

<b>Reward points if it helps.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I forgot to mention I am using the IC Web Client in CRM 4.0 and would like to use Actions in the Service Tickets to call the R/3 transactions.

So basically when i create a service ticket, i would like one of the actions in the action profile to create an R/3 transaction automatically. So basically I need an RFC call to an R/3 transaction from a CRM action profile.

Regards

Jojo

Message was edited by: JoJo

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in CRM interaction center you can use the action boxes to perform this.

However, it should be possible within an action to call an RFC function module in the target system which then calls the transaction code.

In CRM:

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_R3_CALL_TRX_VA03'

DESTINATION 'R3DEST'.

In R/3:

<function module Z_R3_CALL_TRX_VA03 must be RFC enabled>

CALL TRANSACTION VA03.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for that.

I was wondering do you have any examples of these method calls which i could take a look at?

Are you saying I need to create the same function module in R/3 and CRM?

Thanks

Regards