cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open BAB Screen area from CRM Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to open Competitors Detail Area1 in CRM Designer through Blueprint Application Builder (BAB).

I loaded "crmm_competitor" application in the BAB. And when i select Detail Area1 in the screen area drop down, i get the following message: "Current screen area cannot be edited using the designer".

I looked at the corresponding field group in Field Group Structure "COM_OPP_OVERVIEW", the table is empty. Even the Application Layout is empty for "crm_competitor". Please suggest me where i am missing...

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the field group COM_OPP_OVERVIEW, compression yes is selected. As per the PCUI documentation if COMPRESSION YES is selected for the field group, CRM designer cannot be used to modify the layout of the field froup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your helpful answers.

Thanks

Sasi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same problem and Arun's comment is correct.

as a workaround (and only if you are sure) you can change

the value of CRMC_FIELDGRE-COMPRESS_LAYOUT for your

field group from "A" to "".

Eyal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I get the same error.

When I look at the layout for Det1 in the blueprint tables, there is an inconsistency - a validation error occurs.

The tables are empty as there are two sets of tables - the 'S' shadow tables (where all the delivered settings reside and may not be changed) and the 'C' customer tables (which are delivered empty).

You are looking at the C customer tables. To view and adjust the entries, go into change mode and then press the 'Import' button to bring forward the S shadow entries.

The system will use the C entries (if they exist) in preference to the S entries.

Maybe you will need to place a customer message in the SAP Support Portal (OSS).

Cheers

Dom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in the past I have placed such a message and SAP's response was to NOT use the designer due to possible inconcistencies that may occur. In stead, do all Blueprint configuration in the Blueprint tables itself. Tiest.